Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    venik Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2006, 04:12 PM
    Jenn Air Range Hood
    I bought a new Jenn-Air hood (JXT5830) to install over the range in my kitchen. I then connected the wires as per the instructions, but none of the front lights or functions worked. The company is the worst imaginable-- no help at all to installers, so I must rely on my friends here. I connected the hot wire from the wall to the black wire of the hood, the innert wire to the white wire of the hood, and the green-yellow wire to the ground of the wall socket. I made sure the wall socket functions.
    Can anyone tell me what is the secret to getting this thing to work?
    Thanks--
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Apr 12, 2006, 05:07 PM
    Of course I cannot download the instruction manual to review it from Jenn Air.

Sounds as if you connected properly.

Check to be sure you have 120 volts across the black and white.
    Check to be sure the splices are connected properly.

Since I can't get the maunal,I cannot determine if there is a switch or a startup procedure you should follow.

These are usually no brainers,connect the wires, turn on the power, and start pushing buttons. I do not know what you are missing.

Damn website, will not give me the manual!

If after you check the items I suggested, then call Jenn Air back and tell them you need to place a warranty claim, and they need to get a tech out there. For List price of $700.00 plus dollars, you should find a tech in the box!

Let us know how it works out. Wish I could have more help.
    venik Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2006, 10:28 PM
    I checked the power in the socket before I posted here. It was fine. I looked for a switch or reset but found none. I called the company and was informed that they do not help installers. I also thought it was a no brainer, but it seems that they managed to somehow make and easy job difficult...
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Apr 13, 2006, 02:17 AM
    Then like I said, it is a warranty issue. Power is there and connected properly, Have them send out an a repair man.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Jenn-air Gas Cooktop, Igniter Malfunction [ 4 Answers ]

I need help with a Jenn-Air Gas Cooktop, with all knobs in the off position, one of the igniters, sparks once, every 45 seconds on it's own. I have tried re-adjusting the knob to the off position but, this has no effect. Any ideas, to this mysterious spark? Thanks in advance, for any suggestions....

Rocket Robin Hood [ 3 Answers ]

Has anyone ever found episodes of Rocket Robin Hood ? It was a cartoon I used to watch it in the morning before school when I was little (yes, I am really dating myself now... ). I'd like to try and find a few episodes... :)

View more questions Search