Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dwilder Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2006, 09:50 PM
    Spewing sound in Freon line
    The Freon line to the central heat and air unit for the second floor unit run across the ceiling of my bedroom. Recently just before the air handler starts I hear a spewing, or gurgling [ like rushing water] sound. The unit appears to heat/cool OK. Is this something I should be concerned about?
    The outside unit is at the basement wall, about 30 feet vertical and 50 feet horizontal from the 2nd floor air handling unit.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2006, 09:32 AM
    AMHD has some very good people, plumbing, electrical, computers, etc. When it comes to dogs, I am one of them. When it comes to HVAC, a few other and I are doing what we can, but this is one I don't know. It sounds like something is wrong. Even if the system continues to run, it may not be as efficient as it should be. I can't say if you have a problem with the expansion valve. I can say, if it has a problem, you will have to have a technician fix it. All this leading up to a lame, call a professional. Sorry.
    ridgid002 Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Mar 19, 2006, 09:11 PM
    By the sounds of it you have a hydro air system in your home this being the case and not knowing your location ill assume you are in heating mode the rushing/gurgling sound you are hearing prior to your unit starting up is air in your water lines going to your coil without going into great detail because I may be wrong about the hydro system but if I am correct this problem can be easily corrected by bleeding the heat loops... if I am correct about this being a hydro air system please let me know and ill provide further instructions on how to bleed it if necessary if it is not a hydro system let me know and ill provide the a/c explanation for the noise you are hearing... please let me know either way... thanx
    dwilder Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 22, 2006, 04:26 PM
    Sorry for not being more detailed. The system is not hydro air. It is conventional Freon heat/cooling system [heat Pump?] . I live in central Alabama and the sound began during this heating season. I have not used the cooling side this season as of yet. Not sure if it makes the same sound or not. A friend seemd to think that the vertical Freon lift of roughly 30 ft from the condenser could be the problem. The unit is only three years old. I appreciate any advice you might have.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Compressor panels too dirty to measure freon pressure? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm having problems with my A/C unit. A service technician came to My house, looked at the compressor unit, and told me the panels Were full of debris that he couldn't accurately measure the freon Pressure. He asked to clean the panel for $89, which did not Include the service call, another ...

No sound, asus mother board built in sound card [ 16 Answers ]

My comp plays no sounds. All drivers are installed and I have re installed them 2. Its well annoyin. Any help with this would be great. Thanks

How much Freon [ 2 Answers ]

How much freon (R19) should be used to fill a home A/C unit. I need to replace the evaporator and must dischrage the system and refill it.

NO SOUND after sound card install [ 3 Answers ]

Hey I'm new on here I have a HP tower.. just installed a beefed up sound card in it and it doesn't work.. made sure all connection are good.. and installed the program.. now it won't work at all.. please help me someone?

Replaced Main Water Line, Now Shower Line Is Clogged [ 3 Answers ]

We had a leak, so we had the water line and sewage line from the house to the street replaced. Now we have no water in the shower. Some debris most have clogged up the line coming into the shower. All the other lines are fine. My Dad is somewhat of a handyman and wants to fix the problem...

View more questions Search