Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dbulinda Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2008, 11:29 AM
    220 line for stove
    How do you hook up a 220 line to a stove?
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2008, 12:05 PM
    This picture is for dryer but it's the same as a range

Appliantology Archive: Dryer Cords

Red wire and black wire are hot they are LINE on the diagram ( L1 & L2 )

The WHITE wire is the Neutral wire -- Marked ( N ) same on 3 or 4 prong plug

The GREEN is the GROUND on a 4 Prong Plug -- connects to the case or chassis

In the breaker panel a 220 volt breaker is required -- RED & Black Wire lug in

The WHITE wire Lugs where all the other WHITE wires lug

Green lands on GROUND -- most older houses do not have ground in panel

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What wall a/c unit do I get with my new 220 line? [ 14 Answers ]

Last year I had an electritian run a 220 line for me so I could get a nice size all a/c unit to cool the living room and dining room area. I just started to look for a unit and I am very confused. It maybe me but I am feeling overwelmed with things like # 10 wire (I have no idea) The...

Convert 220 line to 110 [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 220 line feeding a small 2 breaker sub in my garage; I no longer need the 220. Is it OK for me to then to use each leg and share the neutral to run 2 110 lines or replace the 220 sub with a smaller 110 sub? Also it is bx so the housing is connected to ground.

Wiring 220 with 110 line. [ 13 Answers ]

I am wiring 220 baseboard heaters using 110 line. The wire is 10-2 and was run before we purchased the house. Each heater has its own line to the main electrical box downstairs. As I was instructed I connected the black and white wire to the breaker copper wire to ground bar. At the heater I...

2 Heaters on 1 220 line? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 2000 Watt 220 convection heater and would like to add another one to the same wire. Can this be done? Is it the circuit breaker tripping or melting of the wire that is the danger? Thanks

Junction box on 220 volt line [ 1 Answers ]

What are the stipulations in running a 220 line through a junction box to a 220 plug in for an electric stove? Thanks

View more questions Search