Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sagiewagie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2008, 05:04 PM
    Kenmore dryer stops when start button released
    My 90 series Kenmore dryer stops when the start button is released. I sounds like the drum is starting to move, but doesn't appear to be. The dryer is 9 years old.
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Feb 2, 2008, 05:44 PM
    Just a quick thought, it seems like the timer has blown. The quick thing to look for is the "Door Interlock."

Normally, I am against bypassing interlocks, but it might actually help you here.

Pin the door interlock with a non conductive, like a short piece wood, small enough to manually latch the internal interlock. Next, check the interlock pin on the door to make sure it hasn't snapped off

With the door physically opened and the pin inserted, put one hand lightly on the inside of the drum. Have someone hit the start button in case you can't reach.

What you are feeling for is the amount of torque you need to use to stop the dryer drum from turning. Also, bounce the basket to see if you can p/u and flat spots on the drums supporting rollers.

If the drum stops very easily, I think real hard about either replacing the belt or have Sears replace the belt. I you hear "What I call a roundy go thump!", the idler rollers may have flat spots on them they may need to be replaced also.

Please, be advised, that while I've made repairs to this stuff over the years, I am in no way and expert. I'm just a guy with a large dead fall hammer that break anything prior to calling a pro.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Start button won't stay on - Kenmore Elite gas dryer [ 11 Answers ]

My Kenmore Elite gas dryer model 110.73954102 won't stay "on" when I release the start button. Purchased new 5-28-2003. Has Sears issued a recall or defective part for this model? Serviceman coming soon.

Kenmore Elite dryer - Push to start, stops when button released [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am having the same problem many of you out there have experienced. I purchased a new Kenmore Elite Electric Dryer 2 years ago. I have read all the responses posted here. I have taken the lower front panel off, totally cleaned the insides, and tested the contacts for continuity that were in...

Kenmore Dryer stops before dry [ 6 Answers ]

MY Kenmore Elite Dryer, Model 110.63932101 runs normal and then stops before clothes are dry. When you push the button to restart it just beeps. After awhile it will restart but then may shut down again before dry, and you have to wait again. Any idea? I've done some of the diagnostic's on the...

Kenmore Elite gas dryer has no heat turns off when start button is released [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore Elite gas dryer Model 11074992300. At first the dryer would run but there was no heat. Now the dryer will only run when the start button is pressed, as soon as it's released it stops running and still no heat. Does anyone know what it will need to be repaired?

View more questions Search