Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    angrey dave Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2011, 09:04 PM
    Removing inner tub
    I have a 12 yr old kenmore top load washer 80 # I can't get the spinner nut lose to remove the inner tub dose any one have any Idea's Thank you Dave
    JimGu Posts: 92, Reputation: 4

May 16, 2011, 02:53 PM
    Dave. If you are talking about the large nut holding the tub on after you have removed the agitator, then there is a special tool made for that. Having said that, I have removed them before with a hammer and a center punch, but you have to be careful not to damage it. It is a standard thread. Lefty loosey and righty tighty.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Removing Tub Spout [ 2 Answers ]

Hey Gooseproints, I am having the same problem removing the tub spout. There is a cutoff at the bottom, but I cannot find any set screw. I see the plastic "X". I can turn the spout counter-clockwise, but it just turn without moving out. I would not turn clockwise, only counter-clockwise. I try...

Removing tub spout [ 1 Answers ]

I have read all the posts I could find on changing tub spouts but I can't even get mine off. We have been having trouble with it for quite some time and today the shower diverter actually came out and the little white plastic piece fell out too. I can see how it works but I can not get it back...

Removing Tub Spout [ 7 Answers ]

I know this has been discussed in length, but I don't want to bust something trying to do it the wrong way. I have tried to turn the spout counterclockwise and it won't budge. Any ideas? http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk79/telluriccheese/P1050042-1.jpg ...

Removing castiron tub [ 3 Answers ]

I'm remodeling my second floor bathroom and would like to replace my castiron tub and tiled tub surround with a 4 piece acrylic tub and surround. The problem I have is I donot know how to remove the castiron tub once the piping is removed. By this I mean is it eaiser to chop the tub up with a...

Removing Tub Stopper [ 1 Answers ]

How do you remove a tub stopper that is part of the drain. I am sure there is a way to detach, but can't figure it out. Any help would be great.

View more questions Search