Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Markwylde Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2008, 03:38 PM
    What does a broken drum bearing on a dryer mean
    What does a broken drum bearing on a clothes dryer mean in terms of it's lifespan. Will it breakdown altogether anytime soon? Is it expensive to fix?
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2008, 04:02 PM

If you continue to use it it will probably fail soon. If you have a company that gives you an estamate, you could compare that to the price of a new dryer.
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Nov 13, 2008, 12:40 AM

Markwilde - There are two bearings on thr tub ,one on front side and one on the back side, To replace these it is not a easy job, you have to replace the holders for the bearuings also , the cost doing iot yourself is not much for the parts ,about $ 75.00 I think , KISS GAVE YOU SOME GOOD ADVICE AND I WOULD CHECK INTO THAT FIRST . Go to a actuan and you could probably get one that is as good as the one you had or even maybe better . Im talking about at a home where they are selling every thing :: Good luck and GOD BLESS ::: F,B,E,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I replace rear drum bearing? [ 1 Answers ]

How do I replace a rear drum bearing on a GE gas clothes dryer?

Drum bearing changed, noise still loud [ 2 Answers ]

I have GE dryer Model # DBB3300ea1ww. I replaced the drum bearing and the belt and still have a loud noise that seems to be metal to metal especially when there is load. Not so much when just running empty.

Screwing rear bearing "plate" onto drum of Frigidaire dryer [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all, I'm working on my Frigidaire dryer and was looking for any tips/tricks to finishing my project and came across this site. I am replacing the rear bearing (it was squealing incredibly loudly, as well as I was having some tiny pieces of clothing get caught between the front of the drum...

View more questions Search