Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    guide's Avatar
    guide Posts: 7, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jun 19, 2006, 08:21 PM
    G.E. gas range
    I need help, from a gas range repair tech. I need to replace the insulation that goes around the oven,top, sides, and back. A critter got in it and it now stinks bad! My question, can I use regular fibreglass insulation, the kind used in home's? If I remove the paper, or do I need to use the factory stuff?
    The factory wrap cost's 5 times as much.
    Thanks guide
    shunned's Avatar
    shunned Posts: 268, Reputation: 20
    Full Member

    Jun 20, 2006, 04:30 PM
    I am not a gas range tech, though have worked on them, so take this with a pound of salt :P if you can remove the insulation, will it work to air this stuff out? I would only replace this insulation with what the manufacturer suggests.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Jenn Air Range Hood [ 3 Answers ]

I bought a new Jenn-Air hood (JXT5830) to install over the range in my kitchen. I then connected the wires as per the instructions, but none of the front lights or functions worked. The company is the worst imaginable-- no help at all to installers, so I must rely on my friends here. I connected...

Recessed Range Outlet... [ 1 Answers ]

Hello Group, & TK!:D I was wondering if I can install a Range outlet by just nailing the outlet between 2 nailers and if I truly need a box, and if I do, what size box should I use, because the standard junction, ceiling, and outlet boxes don't seem to fit on the outlet itself. Any help really...

Increase the range of a variable resistor? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi people! I need to replace a 200k potentiometer with a touch-sensitive strip, itself being a type of variable resistor. Unfortunately I have no choice in the matter: the strip has a resistance between 3k and 20k. Is there some way I can ensure that 200k is the highest resistance available,...

Gap between cabinets and gas range [ 1 Answers ]

How do I go about filling in a gap between my gas range and a cabinet. The gap is 25 inches length but the space near the front of the gas range is 1/2 inch and it gets narrower as the gap approaches the wall (1/8 inch). I am afraid food would drop in there and there would be no way to clean it...

View more questions Search