Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Phoenix25 Posts: 203, Reputation: 5

Apr 11, 2007, 03:58 PM
    Hypothyroidism + coconut oil =?
    Does coconut oil help people with Hypothyroidism lose weight?
    bluebutterfly Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2007, 10:29 AM
    To put it lighly NO! Coconut oil, Palm oil, anything that sounds tropical, are the worst oils. They are highly saturated and contribute to heart disease exc. Try using olive oil and canola oil. Remember that any kind of fat is fat. The best thing to do is limit the amount of fat that you are using and change to healthier fats like olive oil and canola oil. Good Luck!
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2007, 01:34 PM
    Go to About.com and search for Mary Shomon (she's a patient advocate and thyroid expert) she did a whole article about it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hypothyroidism [ 2 Answers ]

I am 34 years old and have both of my sides of my thyroid removed in two separate surgerys over the past month. I was diagnosed with Hashimotos disease and now am "without thyroid" I just went through my radiation last week and now have been given a Clean bill of health, :) However, I have put...

Coconut oil [ 1 Answers ]

OK, coconut oil has been good to me in some ways (with my hair and scalp). But with my skin, it doesn't do anything about my blemishes. It leaves my skin feeling wonderful, but it does nothing for my acne. Sooo, I recently purchased 100% tea tree oil and I will buy 100% jojoba oil tomorrow. I...

Organic Virgin Coconut Oil [ 2 Answers ]

It is suggested in Mark Trudeau's book to take a teaspoon of Organic Virgin Coconut Oil everyday for many health benefits. I know it is a saturated fat that I've always heard is NOT good to consume. My family physician has no information on this. Can anyone help me? Thank You!

Coconut Haystacks [ 1 Answers ]

When I was at school (in UK) we made coconut haystacks and one of the ingredients was condensed milk, which made them lovely and moist. Does anyone have the recipe please?

Virgin coconut oil [ 1 Answers ]

I have just discovered the amazing health benefits of unrefined virgin coconut oil. It is recommended that you take 1 tablespoon twice a day. However, I am having difficulty taking it by itself. Does anyone know if you can put the oil in any type of juice, etc and take it that way?

View more questions Search