Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    loralie6565 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2011, 01:05 PM
    Is it against the law for my 4yr old and 6yr old to fall asleep in my bed with me
    Is it against the law for my 4yr old and 6yr old to fall asleep in my bed with me
    There father. I need to know the laws and rules of this I only get to see them 1 or
    Two times a month and we watch movies and fall asleep is this wrong there my kids.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jul 10, 2011, 01:20 PM

No its not against the law. But if your going through any custody battles or have a vendictive ex then it's a practice you will want to stop asap. Sometimes its not about what you do but what others think of what your doing. Courts are great for that. Be careful for your children's sake and yours.
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2011, 01:23 PM

There are no laws regarding where your children can and cannot sleep, nor are there any laws about how many children or what age or sex of children can share rooms. Many apartment complexes, or HOAs have restrictions and rules about how many people in one room, but they are not the law.

Many familys cosleep, a few even into adulthood. I personally feel it's a natural and normal thing and I coslept with my daughter all of her life. If you are comfratable with it and the children are happy with it, it is fine. But be aware, fulltime cosleeping can take away from your sexlife, and even just the alone adult time without sex.

Good luck hon. And enjoy your time with your children before they grow too big and decide they don't want daddy anymore hehe.
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2011, 01:36 PM

I am so sorry, I thought when you said 'with me there father' I assumed you meant to add an AND to that and assumed you were the mother. I apologies.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 10, 2011, 01:51 PM

Actually there are some laws in some areas that cover this. Generally these laws cover adolescents of different sexes sharing a room.

I can't imagine anyone objecting to a 4 and 6 yr old, even girls falling asleep watching TV. On their visitations.
    loralie6565 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2011, 03:34 PM
    Comment on ScottGem's post
    Right some people are just so out there just want some heads up on this matter because I have a very jealous ex and her new husband and they can't stand how close me and my boys are that they try to invent laws themselves I think jealousy is eating them up that's all that's for the feed back

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What are the best ways to fall back asleep after awakening? [ 0 Answers ]

Every night or every other night, when I wake up to use the restroom around 3 am or so, I can't fall back asleep for at least another hour! It sucks. If I drink hot chocolate, it will help and I will fall asleep, but I'm on a strict diet and have been for a year, I don't want to have to drink hot...

Can't Fall Asleep [ 5 Answers ]

Its strange, I can't fall asleep. My mind races. I need to take a sleep-aid. But I don't want to become dependent on them. I take about 3/4 of the pill and it does the trick. Other than that, I can't sleep. I've tried different beds, different temperatures, wearing different clothing. I have...

My boyfriend and I rarely have sex,he told me once I fall asleep he masturbates [ 4 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been in a relationship on and off for 4 1/2 years. We've been through a lot together and have a history and that's why sometimes our relationship can be really hard. I love him more then anything and that's why ever moving on or letting go is out of the option. We've been...

How can I get my 7 month old to fall asleep himself [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 7 month old baby boy who won't go to sleep on his own I haveto hold him until he falls asleep otherwise if I put him in his cot awake he screams for along time until I pick him up any suggestions on how I can fix this problem quickly and happily...

My 4yr old son sleeps in grandma's bed during sleepovers [ 3 Answers ]

I need help. My 4yr old has a incredibly close relationship with his grandma(my mother-in-law). He goes over there every weekend and spends the night. He sleeps in the same bed with her. I think he is much too old to be doing this and I never really liked the idea when he was younger but I was so...

View more questions Search