Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    XOXOlove Posts: 830, Reputation: 131

Feb 14, 2009, 07:19 PM
    Can collagen treatments be used for making lips pink?
    I bought this lip mask called crystal collagen and want to know if it will make my dark lips more pink and less chapped.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 14, 2009, 08:10 PM

Just using a bit of vaseline at night, a smidgen, will fix your lips up good.

Yes, anything with collagen in it is good moisturizer, but if you paid a lot of money for it you got robbed.
    cutebeth Posts: 37, Reputation: 5

Feb 15, 2009, 12:29 AM

Glutathione suppliments and sulfur suppliments like MSM would do the trick. By glutathione suppliments I mean the ones that increase glutathione in the body because am not sure the pills work.

Feb 15, 2009, 07:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    just using a bit of vaseline at night, a smidgen, will fix your lips up good.

Yes, anything with collagen in it is good moisturizer, but if you paid a lot of money for it you got robbed.
    Lol I only paid $1. I hope it works in some way though. I didn't open it yet because I'm afraid that it might smell. Lol.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 15, 2009, 08:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by XOXOlove View Post
    lol i only paid $1. i hope it works in some way though. i didn't open it yet b/c i'm afraid that it might smell. lol.
    That is from the sublime to the ridiculous ! $1. From the dollar store ? I don't know if it would smell though.

Feb 15, 2009, 11:16 AM

Lol. No not from the dollar store. From eBay. :) okay-i'm going to open it!

Feb 16, 2009, 09:33 AM

It kind of smells like a hospital and like calamine lotion. I tried it and it kind of makes my lips look a little better. I'm going to keep using it though.
    curlynatur89 Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Feb 17, 2009, 07:35 AM
    Just normal stuff can reduce the dark pigment brush your lips in the morning with your toothbrush then apply some lip balm intensely till its all been obsorbed you'll notice after about 3 days lighter lips.:p

Feb 17, 2009, 02:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by curlynatur89 View Post
    just normal stuff can reduce the dark pigment brush your lips in the morning with your toothbrush then apply some lip balm intensely till its all been obsorbed youll notice after about 3 days lighter lips.:p
    I've been doing that for a long time- about a month but there hasn't been much difference. Should I put something on my lips before brushing?
    Blarbie89 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2012, 01:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cutebeth View Post
    Glutathione suppliments and sulfur suppliments like MSM would do the trick. By glutathione suppliments I mean the ones that increase glutathione in the body because am not sure the pills work.
    Hey cutebeth, not sure if you still use this site... I was just wondering how well supplements work to pinken lips... I have started taking MSM and vit c with NAC and some pycnogenol to lighten my lips. I have extremely dark smoker looking lips even though I've never smoked my whole life... will this really pinken them? I'd love to be able to wear nicki minaj
    Blarbie89 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2012, 01:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cutebeth View Post
    Hey cutebeth, not sure if you still use this site... I was just wondering how well supplements work to pinken lips... I have started taking MSM and vit c with NAC and some pycnogenol to lighten my lips. I have extremely dark smoker looking lips even though I've never smoked my whole life... will this really pinken them? I'd love to be able to wear nicki minaj's pink Friday lipstick which is just laying there on my dresser... :-( thanks in advance
    Girly85 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2012, 04:07 AM
    Hi Blarbie89, I'm suffering with the same problem :-( so, how is it working so far?. noticing changes? I'm trying some home remedies for time being, rose petals, beetroot, honey, milk and stuffs... but the progress seems quite slow..
    Update me you... thx... ;-)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Protein haemoglobin and protein collagen [ 5 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me anything about protein haemoglobin and portein collagen or were I can find any information on the two

I now have lips that are two shades brown and pink. [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 36 Y/O african american male over the past year I have noticed my lips turning lighter a very light shade of pink. I now have lips that are two shades brown and pink. It didn't bother me much until I went to visit family this past summer and my mother and my aunt seemed very concerned. They had...

Pink and Black; Black and Pink 2 times is a charm [ 8 Answers ]

Any color combination, any time, its always a good time :)

View more questions Search