Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chrissymarie Posts: 563, Reputation: 53

Feb 13, 2009, 03:29 PM
    My ex boyfriends best friend just made moves on me.
    My ex/ current boyfriend luis and I have been having a rocky time. We've broken up and been arguing a lot driving each other crazy his friend and my friends both know what's going on between us and have witnessed a lot of it.

Today my luis came to my job with flowers and candy and a teddy bear and lunch from my favorite mexican food place. He brought right to my desk in front of all my coworkers and gave me a big hug and kiss. I must have been so red! Anyway we ate together and had a really nice lunch. We didn't fight. On the way walking him out of the building I noticed his "best" friend Ricky in the lobby with flowers, candy and a card. When we spotted him my ex gave him a funny look and was like... "whats up man... what are you doing here?" he told my ex he was here for me, and then he handed me his gift and gave me a hug and told me to call him when I get off work and walked off. Luis just stood there looking oh so mad and red. He questioned me about the relationship me and Ricky have which seriously is none! I mean I've helped him a couple times with his calculus homework but that's it. He's never mentioned liking me at all. Luis had to run back to work so we didn't get to talk much about it.

I've decided I'm not going to make any moves on this at all. I don't feel like his advances were genuine. I don't like the fact he's making his mves right now knowing Luis and I are on shaky ground. I feel like he's preying on me because I'm weak. I told my best friend this and she thinks I'm crazy! She said what he did was sweet and boll and that I should go on a date with him. (there was an invite to dinner tomorrow night (valentines day) in the card he gave me)

Should I go and see what this is all about or stay away from him?
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2009, 03:40 PM

I wouldn't! This would only cause more unneeded drama. I'am sure the friendship between him and your ex is over but I must admit what he did was bold unless him and your ex got together to pull your strings. Any woo, you already stated you didn't believe what he did was geniue so why proceed unless you just want to keep the pot brewing, no harm intended.

Are you and your ex working on getting back together?
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2009, 03:51 PM

Did it ever occur to you it's a set -up?
    If you are on shaky ground,it will only get a whole lot shakier if you start seeing someone else.
    Close one door before you open another,anything else is playing with fire.

Feb 13, 2009, 03:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by liz28 View Post
    Are you and your ex working on getting back together?
    Yes we are. Were working on communicating better, but we know we can't get back together until he's really ended thing with his baby's mother because she still feels for some reason they will get back together.

Feb 13, 2009, 03:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by artlady View Post
    Did it ever occur to you its a set -up?
    If you are on shaky ground,it will only get a whole lot shakier if you start seeing someone else.
    Close one door before you open another,anything else is playing with fire.
    Set up? What kind of set up? What's the purpose of setting me up like this if it is?
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2009, 04:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by chrissymarie View Post
    Set up? what kind of set up? whats the purpose of setting me up like this if it is?
    Just to see what you would do ,if you took the bait so to speak.. to test your fidelity to him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rare 80's children's Movie (or made for TV movie) made with puppets [ 12 Answers ]

I'm trying to find a movie (or TV movie) that I enjoyed as a child. It aired sometime during the early 80's. I remember it taking place in a cave with some green creatures (goblins?). The king was making a wish and they started in a song and dance about how the king would be making this wish...

How do I get moves on to a mp4 [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I was wondering how I put moves onto my mp4 Thank you:o

What moves you? [ 30 Answers ]

What album speaks to your soul? What album's music is so awesome that it hurts to listen to it? Your favorite album or song: My album is Mer de Noms by A Perfect Circle Here's a taste- YouTube - A Perfect Circle - 3 Libras

Collection agency still calling after payment agreement made & pymts being made [ 4 Answers ]

I have an outstanding bill with Hydro one in Ontario of 800.00 owing since 2003, with interest the bill has now doubled to 1600.00, I was unable to make payments on this bill due to financial reasons, but this past month & half I have been paying 100.00 /month to the collection agency, they are...

NY/NJ - two jobs, three moves [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! My question relates to the credit for NY income on my NJ state taxes. I lived and worked in NJ from January through August, and during that time, I got a sign-on bonus from my future NYC employer. I then moved to NYC and worked in NYC from September - November. In December, I moved back...

View more questions Search