Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lgil Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2006, 12:11 PM
    Hair color issues
    Yesterday I had my dark brown hair highlighted and I am unhappy with the results. My hair was foiled and bleached and then the highlights were treated with a toner that came out red. I had wanted lighter brown highlights. The hairdresser told me that it would fade with shampooing. Is there anything to speed this process. I hate this red.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Jul 7, 2006, 02:58 PM
    I recommend that you go back to the salon and have the hairstylist fix your hair. They may fix it free of charge if you're not satisfied with the highlights. Red hair color fades faster than other shades because the red color molecule is the largest, making it the most difficult for the hair shaft to hold on to. However, the red will fade to an orange hue since your hair was bleached. If you don't like the red, ask the hairstylist to put brownish highlights on your hair.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HELP! Brown hair color turned my hair a dark red! [ 31 Answers ]

So my girlfriend helped me color my hair to hide a few gray hairs coming in. Its usually a light to med brown, thought I might go darker. We used Loreal excellence crème ( Medium Brown). It actuall turned my hair into almost a dark redish brown, looks like I have naturally dark red hair! HELP! ...

What color would my hair fade into.. [ 7 Answers ]

Ok well... I heard that Prell shampoo works well. See... I experiment with my hair often. My hairstylist, Carlos, and me decided I could go a shade and a half brighter in my red because it was fading fast. I was scared to do the whole head so I higlighted it... and because of that, I did not dye my...

How to take out hair color [ 6 Answers ]

I dyed my hair black and I want to go back to my natural color without going to salon and doing it and I'm wondering what the best way is to take the color out

Hair color [ 4 Answers ]

My daughter tried to bleach her hair about 2 weeks ago, when can we dye it a darker color?

Need hair color advice [ 1 Answers ]

I am not sure I am in the right area... help me if I am not! Lol I need hair color advice. I have been coloring my hair with dark permanent hair color. I have grey hair now at my roots. I would like to put streaks of grey/silver in my hair to blend with the roots. Is this possible? Thanks for...

View more questions Search