Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    HM27's Avatar
    HM27 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jan 19, 2019, 10:01 PM
    I Want To Runaway or Be Adopted
    I am a 12 year old girl who isn't the happiest. My family doesn't make a lot of money and my siblings get more attention then I do. I feel alone, unhappy, afraid,etc. I have already been proven for depression but my mom refuses to get me therapy. I have tried running away with my friend, contacting child protective services, and contacting multiple adoption places. Can someone please help me.
    Wondergirl's Avatar
    Wondergirl Posts: 38,802, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

    Jan 19, 2019, 10:03 PM
    Is there a teacher you trust? Talk to him/her.

    Who diagnosed your depression?
    ma0641's Avatar
    ma0641 Posts: 15,681, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

    Jan 20, 2019, 03:12 PM
    As an unemancipated minor, if you run away, you will be returned to your parents. You cannot be adopted.
    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,302, Reputation: 7692

    Jan 20, 2019, 03:54 PM
    None of these are valid or good optoins.

    1. you can't be adopted, unless your parents would be willing to give custody of you up and then to be honest, most 12 year olds are never adopted, but would just live in foster or group homes. (which would be far worst than what you have now, assuming you are not hungry, have clothes and a bed to sleep in.

    2. you really can't run away, you would either get caught up into a drug or sex life which makes your life just go bad. And once the police find you, they just take you home
    waltero's Avatar
    waltero Posts: 443, Reputation: 5
    Full Member

    Feb 14, 2019, 10:59 AM
    Get a Hobby, Boy scouts/girl scouts, Gamer groups, Join a Church group. Become more active.

    No need to Focus on Depression.

    Nothing is going to remain the same while you enter the "teen" years.
    The Best days are ahead of you. Some of us have to work hard (it is hard work) just trying to be happy... Be Happy!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I was adopted(birth parents are dead) but my adopted father is a deadbeat dad.. [ 7 Answers ]

I was adopted(birth parents are dead) but my adopted father is a deadbeat dad... My mother re-married & he husband (stepfather) has been what I consider my father. How can I have my adopted fathers name taken off my birth certificate & add my step fathers name? My mother is now deceased. The...

Adopted in OH, Live in MD, husband wants to adopt my adopted son [ 1 Answers ]

I adopted my son 2 yrs ago in Ohio (single adoption), I live in Maryland. My soon to be husband wants to adopt him after we are married. Would we have to do it in OH or MD?

Runaway cat [ 2 Answers ]

Hi hope someone can help me my cat has recently had kittens they are nearly 4 week old but yesterday the mother went out and she has not come back yet (been over 24 hours now) what do I feed the kittens and how please help

View more questions Search