Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rockoutgrl22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2012, 04:58 PM
    Am I adopted?
    In my health book its said its impossible to be of O blood type if one of uour parents is AB(my mom). The other 1 is O(dad). I have an O blood type. Also there are pictures of "me" up until I was 1(with pitch black hair and ice blue eyes)n then there r no more pictures(at all n I'm serious I've looked everywhere meaning my house my grand parents house nothing n pictures of the whole family don't have "me" in them)after my 1st b-day n then when I turn 2 they suddenly reappear wit brown hair n green eyes. My "mother" says that they changed color but I compare the faces n there our 2 many differences(the eyes rnt shaped the same different nose n lips n my earlobes where connected in the ones where "I" am 1 n aren't when I'm 2) My parents when I bring up the word adoption(even if its about adoptin a pet) get all nervous. So am I adopted?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 2, 2012, 05:42 PM
    You might be... you might have also had a different parent than you are aware of... or NOT have been adopted but was conceived as a result of invitro fertilization with the aid of a sperm donor... which is not all that uncommon for couples that have trouble on their own.

Until your parents are comfortable enough to tell you if you were, you have to assume you weren't. Some kids really DON'T look like their parents, like two dark haired brown eyed parents having a blonde headed blue eyed child... it is all genetics. Some traits skip generations.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 2, 2012, 06:26 PM
    Eyes and hair do change color, esp from age 1 year to 2 or 3. I started with blond hair and more greenish eyes, to brown hair and blue eyes.

Also how exactly do your know mom is AB

This is on the American Red Cross web site on Blood typing
    Note: If you have questions about paternity testing or about blood group inheritance, your primary care physician should be able to provide you with an appropriate referral. Testing difficulties can cause exceptions to the above patterns. ABO blood typing is not sufficient to prove or disprove paternity or maternity.

So there are other factors and in fact AB in some cases, So you need a better test such as DNA, since there are factors that can cause this.

Also so what if you are ? It means that they loved you enough to pick you,not just be stuck with what ever baby that they were borned with.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I was adopted(birth parents are dead) but my adopted father is a deadbeat dad.. [ 7 Answers ]

I was adopted(birth parents are dead) but my adopted father is a deadbeat dad... My mother re-married & he husband (stepfather) has been what I consider my father. How can I have my adopted fathers name taken off my birth certificate & add my step fathers name? My mother is now deceased. The...

I want myself to be adopted [ 3 Answers ]

I am an Indian student. I am too much influenced by western culture. I want to study history from any developed country but my father never let me do that. He wants me to do LL.B. and make a carrier in legal field. I want to leave my country. Here I can't do what I want to do with my life. So I...

I want to be adopted [ 1 Answers ]

Im 24 yrs old Im employed however Iam just longing for family LOVE,I long for PARENTAL GUIDANCE, sisters ,brothers and all the warmth a family can offer I bore with relationships because I always feel betrayed.

I want to be adopted [ 8 Answers ]

I'm 14 and I'm not very happy with my family where I'm at. My mom is bipolar and she's hard to deal with. She has her mood swings and she sleeps all day sometime and then sometimes she stays up all night. She takes her emotions out on us especially when she doesn't talk to her boyfriend. She and my...

Adopted in OH, Live in MD, husband wants to adopt my adopted son [ 1 Answers ]

I adopted my son 2 yrs ago in Ohio (single adoption), I live in Maryland. My soon to be husband wants to adopt him after we are married. Would we have to do it in OH or MD?

View more questions Search