Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lyndseylovitt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2006, 12:20 PM
    I want custody of my niece!!
    I need custody of my niece she is being neglected by her mother. Her mother is supporting her boyfriend that has no job and no car that is living off her and abusing both of them physcially. I need help getting her outa that household.
    Sentra Posts: 385, Reputation: 55

Oct 25, 2006, 12:27 PM
    I have many things I want to say about that situation, but I am biased because I've been in your niece's shoes before, so in light of respect I am going to keep this post as clean as possible. :)

I don't know what state you live in, but look at your state's .gov site for 'unfit' parental credentials, custody procedures, etc. Have you spoken to your niece's mother yet, about the treatment that goes on in their home?

It might be a good idea to try that before making any attempt at a legal action; does your niece have a stable environment waiting to accept her? And it would be a really good idea to have a solid, very solid view on what is really going on over there. I hope this helps, and if you have anything else to add, feel free, take care and good luck.
    Sentra Posts: 385, Reputation: 55

Oct 25, 2006, 01:38 PM
    http://www.courtinfo.ca.gov/selfhelp...v/abuseneg.htm
    Jen8446 Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2006, 06:32 PM
    Talk to your sister about the situation. If she won't leave him, then call child and family services and tell them what's going on. They'll check up on them, and if they don't think that it's good for the baby to stay there, then they'll tak her and then you can file for custody. If the baby isn't safe there, you have to do something. God forbid something happens to her, you'll never forgive yourself for waiting to call. Someone in my family went through the same thing and she called child and family services, and the baby is now out of the crazy household and with someone else from the family. Believe me, it'll be better for the baby, no baby should grow up seeing her father abusing her mother, or her.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Custody [ 2 Answers ]

If someone is trying to harm you or your child can you sign over temporary custody to a family member until the people leave you alone?

Custody [ 3 Answers ]

I have just filed for custody for my son who is turning two. His father is my X boyfriend I was never married before. He was taking care for him while I was working and helping me with money.. now since I have filed legally for custody he has done a 360 turn around. He wants nothing to do with...

Custody [ 2 Answers ]

I want to know how I can get custody of my nieces help

Custody [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I'm 15 years old and for the past 4 years I've been wanting to live 100% of the time with my mom instead of 50/50. My dad is addicted to marijuana and alcohol and he is threatening me to go to military school or to move. Is there a way I can live with my mom?

View more questions Search