Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    izzy91 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2009, 09:28 PM
    How to be put her father on a birth certificate
    Will they do a DNA test just to put her father on the birth certificate?
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Apr 4, 2009, 11:25 PM

If you put your husband's name on the birth certificate, and he is not the biological father, you are committing fraud.

In some cases, that would be enough for the biological father to sever YOUR parental rights, for trying to keep his child from him.

I suggest you get a lawyer, figure out who the biological father is, get him to sign away his rights, and have your husband adopt your child.

Do it LEGALLY.

Seriously--your child has the RIGHT to know who his/her biological parent is. What if there is a medical emergency and YOU are not a match for blood/plasma/bone marrow/kidney/whatever?

Ask the THOUSANDS of adoptees who find out as teenagers or adults that their parent isn't biologically related how THEY feel about this.

Frankly, I think that YOU are being selfish in not at least documenting legally who the biological father is. Kids could care less about legal and biological relationships if they know from the beginning that they're adopted or not related. It's when you LIE to them that the problems start.

So--who CARES if they'd test your husband to put him on the birth certificate? You owe it to your CHILD to put the biological father on the original birth certificate and then go through the process for your husband to adopt.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Husband as father on birth certificate? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello... Everyone involved in my question lives in Ohio... I am currently pregnant (due very soon).. but the child does not belong to my husband... My question is does husband have to be listed as the father on birth certificate because of presumption of paternity?. and if so how or what do I need...

Adding father to birth certificate [ 6 Answers ]

How much is it to add the father on the birth certificate?

Father not on birth certificate [ 4 Answers ]

If the father of my child is not on the birth certificate and the baby has my last name does he have any rights?

Should I put the father on birth certificate or not? [ 1 Answers ]

I am writing on behalf of a teenage girl who is about to give birth to a daughter. She is no longer in relationship with the baby's father and doesn't know whether to list him on the birth certificate. She is also considering moving back to Mexico (her country of origin). Someone told her that...

New step father wants to adopt child that has no father on birth certificate [ 1 Answers ]

I am a new step father and I wish to adopt my 4 year old step son and my 8 year old step son . The 4 year old does not have a father listed on the birth certificate and the 8 year old does but the bio-father has not made any kind of contact in 5 years but is court ordered to pay child support and...

View more questions Search