Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JKids Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2008, 02:03 PM
    Adoption in NYS-Legal
    Here is what is going on: I have had this child since she is seven months old she just turned three. The mother has had supervised visitation off and on for the last two and a half years-more off than on since she will not show up for the court ordered times. The mother has drug problems and currently has M.S. and lives in a wheelchair. The mother has not seen this child in seven or eight months. Yesterday I had a CPS agent show up on my doorstep to look at the three year old for an upcoming court appointment that I have yet to get served with for Custody. The ultimate outcome is that I adopt the three year old. The father is out of her life and the child is a blood relative of mine. How do I go about getting my final outcome? No child support has been paid by either parent since I have had this child. Any suggestions would be great. This is NY
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 1, 2008, 03:12 PM
    You will need to file a motion in family court to adopt the child, It will be easier if both bio parents will sign over rights for you to adopt.
    JKids Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2009, 06:59 PM
    Here's an update. I have not heard hide nor hair from her parents for hum since last Aug. I wouldn't even know where to find her mother I guess no contact is better than contact.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need to open adoption records on closed adoption [ 13 Answers ]

:confused: I am looking for my son I keep hitting roadblocks today I found out it was a closed adoption I need to know how to get these records opened

NYS no fault insurance [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to know if my friend has any grounds to file a law suit. Recently, my friend was involved in a automobile accident in NY. My friend was traveling westbound and had a collision with another driver at a controlled intersection. The other driver was making a left turn going north. This...

Is this legal adoption [ 2 Answers ]

Man was married to woman. The woman had an affair during the marriage, had a child. The man or husband rather was present during the birth and was put on the child's birth certificate as the father. Even though he is not the father and now they are divorced does he have to pay child support? ...

View more questions Search