Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    Synnen's Avatar
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443

    Oct 1, 2009, 12:00 PM
    Looking for birthparents/children given for adoption
    If you are looking for biological parents/childen given up for adoption, here are the most logical first steps in a search:

    1. Talk to your adoptive parents. Get as much information about your adoption from them as you can.
    2. Contact the adoption agency used. Ask if a letter has been left for you by your birthparent(s). Ask to leave a letter with the adoption agency containing your contact information in case your birth parents are searching for you.
    3. Contact the courthouse in the county where you were adopted. Ask if your birthparents have left information for you with your birth certificate/adoption papers. Ask if you can leave a letter with your contact information with that information. Please note that not all counties will do this, and even if they do, they may have different rules on how you go about it.
    4. Register on reunion websites.,, and ISRR are 3 of my favorites.
    FeelSoNumbZombie's Avatar
    FeelSoNumbZombie Posts: 129, Reputation: 10
    Junior Member

    Nov 21, 2009, 01:29 PM

    There are also many adoption search sites with Adoption Search Angels that will help individual find their medical history information and enable contact if possible.
    These groups are located all over the internet. And Search Angels dedicate their time and expertise to helping people along their own journey.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I need to open adoption records on closed adoption [ 13 Answers ]

:confused: I am looking for my son I keep hitting roadblocks today I found out it was a closed adoption I need to know how to get these records opened

Adoption of 3 children [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all I'm a stepfather of 3 children who have 2 real fathers how do I go about getting either a full adoption or full parental rights as the children never want to see their real fathers. I have a full time job and love my 3 children to bits who will help me and how do I go about it.

How do I get my children back from a state adoption [ 4 Answers ]

7years ago my children were removed from my care due to me being involved in an abusive relationship. My children were quickly adopted. I am trying to find out if it is at all possible for me to get them back in my custody and what are the steps I need to take to do so. I live in the state of...

Adoption with my children [ 1 Answers ]

HI, I have been very curious about this situation. I am getting married next Aug. and I am wanting my fiancÚ to be able to adopt my kids. My oldest son is 8 and his biological father has not been in his life at all. HE is not on the birth certificate and hasn't paid any child support. He has always...

When are children of parent in prison elligible for adoption? [ 4 Answers ]

If a parent goes to prision for two years or more, when will the children be up for adoption? Or will they remain with a legal guardian and the parent is able to come back and retrieve them when cleared of sentence?

View more questions Search