Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    TwistedUnicorn's Avatar
    TwistedUnicorn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    May 30, 2014, 09:08 PM
    I just can't
    I don't know. I've no idea if I'm getting abused, since he says I should be lucky and grateful. First off, I'm a 14 year old, and I live with my father, and sister. My father is an alcoholic, and my sister has temper issues, as well as depression. My mother is a drug addicted who left me and my sister for some pedophile. She used to abuse us when we were little, but I can't remember any if that. My father doesn't talk to me much, which is fine by me, as I don't like him very much. He is very close to my sister--at least, he talks to her a lot, calls her endearing names like sweetheart, and precious. He doesn't really care for me.

    He touches my a lot, and smacks me across the head, but he calls me names a lot. One time, I wasn't 'fast enough' at getting to the dinner table while having supper (even though I was the first one there.) and he called me a bratty ing . I then politely excused myself, and went to the bathroom to cry, as I was only 10 or so at the time. I came back and my food was gone, and I didn't get any for the next two days or something.

    Please, don't tell me to talk to him of my sister. They don't want to talk to me, or look at me. I've tried. I've tried talking to the school consoler, and they didn't care either. They just nodded and smiled, and didn't d anything to stop.. Is it not serious enough? I want to get adopted, and have a nice home, but I know all the adopting parents don't want 14 year olds, they just want babies. I don't know what to do.
    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,302, Reputation: 7692

    May 31, 2014, 01:40 AM
    What does he do now? To be adopted, (that is not going to happen) first you report them to CPS. Then they investigate. If it is found to be abuse, they will either work out a parenting plan with your father. Or they place you in forster case. You would stay in foster care till you are 18
    talaniman's Avatar
    talaniman Posts: 54,328, Reputation: 10855

    May 31, 2014, 07:02 AM
    For now, since your school counsellor didn't work so well, reach out to another trusted adult, or family member. Maybe a teacher, coach, preacher, even a principle. I would try that before going to CPS.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search