My wife and I adopted a child in a forgein country over 8 yrs ago. We have been experiencing a lot of problems with this child from her telling us she hates us, her cursing at us, bad behavior at school and at home. Can we give up our parental rights to her even if she is not a legal resident of the U.S. My wife has serious health problems and I am currently having several emotional problems due to the problems caused by our child.