Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    loving memaw's Avatar
    loving memaw Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Apr 25, 2017, 07:56 PM
    Can I ask the court to terminate the parental rights if I have guardianship
    I have had my grandson for 10 yrs and have guardianship and our case was closed since he has a permanent place, but I would like to know if I can go back to court and ask the court to terminate parental rights of both parents. I was awarded guardianship though child protection services in nc and I don't understand why they haven't done this beings how both parents have never done what they were asked.
    ScottGem's Avatar
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

    Apr 26, 2017, 05:04 AM
    Terminating parental rights is VERY difficult unless the parents consent or they represent a danger to the child. How old is your grandson now. What advantages do you thoink adoption will give you?
    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,302, Reputation: 7692

    Apr 26, 2017, 06:47 PM
    Yes it is very hard to terminate rights, and it is never done "automatically". You can hire an attorney and show to the court where it is in the child's best interest to have this done.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does signing over permanent guardianship terminate parental rights [ 8 Answers ]

I have recently and for the last 6 years dealing with this issue. I lost custody/permanent guardianship of my now 6 year old son. His paternal grandparents have custody/permanent guardiaship of him. Does this mean I have terminated my parentals rights? I was told by a judge in March that "You have...

Can I terminate parental rights due to non-payment of court ordered child support [ 1 Answers ]

My ex was ordered by the court to pay child support. He has not paid in over three years and he lives in England. Can I rescind his parental rights over this non payment of child support?

Terminate my parental rights. [ 2 Answers ]

I have two children ages 8 and 5 there grandmother has custody of them right now.. I have not seen them in about four years they live in Utah and I live in Colorado.. I want to sign my rights ovwer to the grandma,but no one will tell me how to do so or anything about it.. Please help me if you can..

Does signing over guardianship terminate parental rights? [ 43 Answers ]

Hi, my sister was shown the last page of a guardianship form that only said she was giving guarndianship of her son to her sons grandparents. The grandparents convinced my sister it was only in case something medical happened to to her son while in his care. She believed them and then signed and...

View more questions Search