Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    margaret ann cameron's Avatar
    margaret ann cameron Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jul 6, 2007, 05:14 AM
    My son will be 3 in September I'm getting married in 5 weeks my partner is not my sons father his bio father hasn't seen him since he was born in which he has no interest in my son he hasn't paid any support or hasn't try to contact us when my son was born the police were involved because his father was being very abusive and threatening he's also taking drugs my partner cares and loves my son as if he was his he comes from a good family my partner wants to adopted my son asap but I know my sons bio father will make it difficult not because he cares of my son but to hurt me and my partner I don't know what to do
    RickJ's Avatar
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

    Jul 6, 2007, 05:24 AM
    <Moved to New Question>
    don8's Avatar
    don8 Posts: 75, Reputation: 16
    Junior Member

    Jul 6, 2007, 01:36 PM
    I have the same problem, I recently posted a similar question on here but the only answers I got were that it would be a uphill battle if the bio dad wants to fight it. I thought it would be fairly easy since my ex was in prison and has been off and on since he was fifteen. I don't know but I want to look into it if I find out anything I will let you know. If you find out anything let me know good luck.
    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,277, Reputation: 7690

    Jul 6, 2007, 03:21 PM
    You will be in better shape if all of this has been documented in court.

    You have taken him to court and have full custody, and have filed for him to be in contempt of court for failure to pay you court ordered child support. Also I will assume you have reported him to child support enforcement.

    But even though he has not used any rights, you will have to take him to court to try and take any and all rights away from him, if he will not sign them over, And he has full right to hire an attorney and try to stop you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I sue my bio father? [ 4 Answers ]

:mad: Recently located bio-father. He is a dentist and living a very comforrtable life. I'm a bit pissed off right now. I finally found that rat. Not interested in having anything to do with me (which doesn't surprise me). Can I sue him for not being there or taking an active supportive...

Looking for my bio father [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I am looking for my biological father. All I have is a name and the school where he and my mother met. I live in IL and all files are sealed until I get a court order to have them opened. I don't know if I can post the name and info that I have on this forum. Could anyone help me out with...

Bio father and wifes' rights [ 2 Answers ]

Hi my name is victoria, I have four adopted children, three from the same mother, different fathers' my daughter just turned 18 and her bio father showed up at the front door of my house... now my daughter has fully embraced him and his wife and children. She spends every weekend there and ask...

Bio-Father wants rights after abandonment [ 3 Answers ]

I had a daughter with this guy that never wanted her. He even said that she was not his. I told him to take the paternity test and he did'nt want to. So now 3 years later, he has another family and want's to take the paternity test, and wants visitation rights. I already went on with my life, met...

View more questions Search