Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    jkcarmichael's Avatar
    jkcarmichael Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    May 21, 2012, 01:27 PM
    Adopting a child in germany if the mother has full custody
    My wife has full custody of her 8yo daughter. I'm currently stationed in Germany. The daughter's father was an American that PCS'd back to the states after a divorce. The court granted my wife full custody and he forfeited all rights of his daughter. Is there a way I can legally adopt if my wife has documentation of his forfeiture of rights? Please respond.
    Synnen's Avatar
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443

    May 21, 2012, 08:24 PM
    I'm sorry--I'm not familiar with German adoption laws. I would talk to a local solicitor/lawyer to find out what your options are.

    I hate to answer your question with "I don't know", but I didn't want you to think your question was being ignored.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Single mother trying to get full custody of my child. Father is absent. [ 2 Answers ]

I am a single mother currently receiving public assistance. The father of my child is not listed on the birth certificate. Made it very cear to methat he had interest to be a part of the baby since learned of the pregnancy. Can I try to gain full custody of my child? Or is this a problem since I...

What is the chance of me as the mother getting full custody of my child? [ 1 Answers ]

When my husband to me he filed for a divorce I lived 12hrs from my family I was 17 at the time. I moved back to my mothers house,with my child. The judge didn't have a problem with that and he understood. My husband is wanting full custody, he refuses to help me, he hasn't seen our child for about...

If the mother of my child wants to give me full custody... [ 2 Answers ]

What should I do? As of right now I have my 3 year old daughter 64% of the time and her mother has her 36% of the time. I can't afford a lawyer. I make minimum wage which is like $8 in California. I've heard things like like legal aid but I've also heard that there is some paper work I can get...

Can father agree to surrender full custody rights to the mother of child? [ 4 Answers ]

My question is Can my daughters father consent full custody to me with out going to court? My daughter is going to be 2yrs of age, I am the sole caretaker of her. I have provided everything to my daughter with out the need of her father. We were never married and she does not have his last...

Step parent adopt child when he is married to mother with full custody [ 1 Answers ]

I have full custody of my daughter. Her father barely calls her when he does it's about once a month and he tells her jokes. She is 6 will be 7 in April. He does pay child support. He is active duty in the Army stationed in Germany I don't know where he is exactly because he remarried and moved...

View more questions Search