Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    hbrown's Avatar
    hbrown Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Oct 30, 2007, 06:39 AM
    Alphabetical Filing
    When filing alphabetically, if the name of a company is the persons name, as in, John Doe Construction, should it be filed under the first name or the last name?
    Marriedguy's Avatar
    Marriedguy Posts: 474, Reputation: 115
    Full Member

    Oct 30, 2007, 06:56 AM
    John Doe Construction is a name of a company so it's on the "J" now the owner of the company "John Doe" would be under "D"

    The 12 Filing Rules

    Hope this helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Placing Favorites in Alphabetical Order [ 3 Answers ]

I am using Windows XP. When I add new folders to my Favorites list, I find they are not placed in alphabetical order automatically. Is there an easy way to correct this annoying problem? Thanking you in advance.

Alphabetical filing [ 2 Answers ]

When filing in alphabetical order where do you file Mc? Alphabetizing

Non-resident H4 - filing jointly or married filing separately, and ITIN [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I got married in the middle of last year and moved later in 2006 to the USA (h4 visa, spouse H1 visa). I do not meet the substantial presence test for 2006 (taking into account the previous two years and computing) or the green card test. As I understand, we can only file jointly if I...

Complicated state tax filing between NY and NJ and missed filing from last year [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I am really confused and would appreciate some feedback into how I should proceed with my taxes. My background: I am a non-resident alien, Canadian citizen who is a masters student studying and residing in NJ. During 2006, I worked on campus for a few months and receieved a W2 for...

Non-resident H4, ITIN number, e-filing, jointly filing taxes with spouse [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I've got a couple of questions. My spouse is a resident (H1) and I'm on an H4 visa. I'm a non-resident based on the substantial presence test. When we file our taxes 1) Do I need to get a ITIN number before we file our joint taxes? How long would it take to get one? 2) Once I have the...

View more questions Search