Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    clafairey Posts: 153, Reputation: 46

Jun 16, 2011, 05:54 PM
    Made redundant and feeling rather low
    I was made redundant from my job due to government cuts at the end of April this year. I absolutely loved this job and truly believed that I would be in it forever. Naïve maybe, but I didn't even entertain the thought that my job would ever end.
    Anyway, since it happened, I've been wandering around like a lost puppy. I don't quite know what to do with myself. I feel as though I've lost all myself worth and self respect. I loved being able to support and treat my fiancé. I was the bread winner, the one who paid all the bills because I liked it that way. Now I can't do that. It feels awful.
    My question is, has anyone else had experience with being made redundant/losing their job and what coping mechanisms did you have? How did you pass the time (apart from job searching and going to interviews which I am doing) What did you do when you felt low? How did you work yourself esteem back up, and any other advice you can think of that would be helpful to me.
    Thank You

Check out some similar questions!

Feeling low [ 2 Answers ]

I'm feeling really low right now. I feel really dead inside and I can't stop crying. I have been losing quite a bit of weight around 20 pounds. I feel like life isn't worth living anymore and I just wish I was dead. I'm so alone and haven't got anyone to talk to. I have a full time job and I'm...

Feeling really low and lost [ 5 Answers ]

I didn't really know which section to put this post in, so I put it this one. I don't really have a question I just need someone to talk to. At the beginning of this year, I got into a relationship with my best friend, I had known him for two years, and we both liked each other and we decided to...

For all those who are feeling low, here's a song for you [ 1 Answers ]

You'll Never Walk Alone by Gerry and the Pacemakers When you walk through the storm Hold your head up high And don't be afraid of the dark At the end of the storm There's a golden sky And the sweet silver song of the lark Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain,

Feeling low [ 5 Answers ]

I feel so low at present. Although I had diagnosed depression for a couple of years I thought I was over it. Currently, my husband is away on a business trip, but only for another week, one child is preparing for exams, the other unsure of their direction, I have taken on three weeks of teaching...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.