Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    throwingitaway's Avatar
    throwingitaway Posts: 4, Reputation: 1
    New Member
     
    #1

    Apr 19, 2015, 12:01 PM
    Hair test - Marijuana
    I know the question has been asked a bunch, but I've been freaking out. I smoked on Nov 22, and had a hair test on April 14. I can't remember the last time I smoked prior to that. Do I have any reason to be worried?
    I found some varying information online about hair tests. I'm about 5'11, 170 lbs, and I have very dark, short hair (it's long enough to do a comb over, about an 1.5-2.5 inches long now). I've probably had 2 or 3 haircuts since Nov 22.

    Edit: I got my results today, I passed.
    talaniman's Avatar
    talaniman Posts: 54,135, Reputation: 10852
    Expert
     
    #2

    Apr 19, 2015, 01:25 PM
    Hair test are generally a picture of the last 90 days so you should relax.
    throwingitaway's Avatar
    throwingitaway Posts: 4, Reputation: 1
    New Member
     
    #3

    Apr 19, 2015, 02:18 PM
    I understand, and I'm a total Type A. I didn't get to see how the test was collected until the person administering everything was getting ready to seal it all up. I'm in a different state than the company who usually collects it, so they used a "partner" they trust to do the collection process. I was freaking out that he may have put my hair in the foil backwards which would then cause them to inadvertently test for a further back 90 days than anticipated.
    talaniman's Avatar
    talaniman Posts: 54,135, Reputation: 10852
    Expert
     
    #4

    Apr 19, 2015, 02:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by throwingitaway View Post
    I understand, and I'm a total Type A. I didn't get to see how the test was collected until the person administering everything was getting ready to seal it all up. I'm in a different state than the company who usually collects it, so they used a "partner" they trust to do the collection process. I was freaking out that he may have put my hair in the foil backwards which would then cause them to inadvertently test for a further back 90 days than anticipated.
    Whaaaat?? But I suppose if you wanted to freak out that was as good an excuse as any.
    throwingitaway's Avatar
    throwingitaway Posts: 4, Reputation: 1
    New Member
     
    #5

    Apr 19, 2015, 02:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Whaaaat?? But I suppose if you wanted to freak out that was as good an excuse as any.

    I guess I should clarify that when he was putting the foil into the envelopes there was something that said ROOTS -> insinuating the roots should be on that end of the envelope. They didn't look like the root side because they were sticking out of foil and a bit curled. I understand this may sound ridiculous as an outsider looking in, but it's not ridiculous to me.
    mydogfifi's Avatar
    mydogfifi Posts: 175, Reputation: 36
    Hair Drug Testing Specialist
     
    #6

    Apr 20, 2015, 06:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by throwingitaway View Post
    I guess I should clarify that when he was putting the foil into the envelopes there was something that said ROOTS -> insinuating the roots should be on that end of the envelope. They didn't look like the root side because they were sticking out of foil and a bit curled. I understand this may sound ridiculous as an outsider looking in, but it's not ridiculous to me.
    In regards to the collection, I use 3 different companies for collection and none have every put the hair in "backwards". Once they lab gets the hair it goes through an accessing process where that type of mistake would be caught.

    In regards to the passing the test. If your description of the amount you used is accurate my best guess is that you will be negative. Most employers will only do a 1.5 inch sample which is a 90 days history.
    throwingitaway's Avatar
    throwingitaway Posts: 4, Reputation: 1
    New Member
     
    #7

    Apr 20, 2015, 07:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mydogfifi View Post
    In regards to the collection, I use 3 different companies for collection and none have every put the hair in "backwards". Once they lab gets the hair it goes through an accessing process where that type of mistake would be caught.

    In regards to the passing the test. If your description of the amount you used is accurate my best guess is that you will be negative. Most employers will only do a 1.5 inch sample which is a 90 days history.
    Thanks for the reply!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

 

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.


Check out some similar questions!

Hair Follicle Marijuana Test [ 3 Answers ]

I want to get some opinions on the likelihood of passing a hair follicle test. I smoked most of September at least 3 times a week. How long would that amount of marijuana stay in my system for a hair follicle test?

Marijuana hair test [ 1 Answers ]

3 occasions smoked marijuana within 90 days, 2 of which were very close to not being within 90 days. Once was about three weeks ago. None were more than a few hits, maybe 1/2 joint of average quality each time . Very good metabolism, no other drugs, very light alcohol use. Any chance I passed...

Marijuana hair test [ 3 Answers ]

I took 3 hits of weed 5 days ago haven't smoked in two years,but have a hair follicle test tomorrow to start working on a rig.Question is will I pass?

Marijuana in a hair follicle test [ 16 Answers ]

My son has never done any type of drugs before, he went to the beach this past summer and tried Marijuana. He said he only took 3 puffs and never tried it again. It has been about 75 days and he has to have a hair follicle drug test, would that be enough to show up in it? He is so worried.

Marijuana hair test [ 1 Answers ]

How much weed dose it take to show up in a hair test and how long dose it stay


View more questions Search