Drug Nail test show positive for Tramadol?

Asked Jun 10, 2016, 07:54 AM 3 Answers
    I took tramadol only once a week for about 4 weeks straight then quit 3 weeks ago. If I was to take a finger nail test today would the drug show up as positve? (the Test is 12 panel which does test for tramadol) Is there any chance I would be able to get away clean?

Last edited by J_9; Jun 10, 2016 at 08:09 AM.
    Search this Question
    J_9's Avatar
    J_9 Posts: 40,224, Reputation: 5640

#2

Jun 10, 2016, 08:09 AM

Most likely you will test positive.
    mydogfifi's Avatar
    mydogfifi Posts: 174, Reputation: 36
    Hair Drug Testing Specialist

#3

Jun 10, 2016, 08:43 AM
    I am not a specialist on nail drug testing but if it similar to hair drug testing it most likely will not show up since that was such a small amount taken in. I am sure you can do a search on the internet for something like "time frame of a nail drug test" to find some answers. My best guess is that you would be negative. I can almost guarantee you would be negative on a hair drug test.
    talaniman's Avatar
    talaniman Posts: 53,682, Reputation: 10844

#4

Jun 10, 2016, 01:17 PM
    USDTL | Fingernail Testing for Drug & Alcohol Abuse

Fingernails are four times thicker than the typical strand of hair and often capture more of a substance than hair can. Biomarkers become locked in keratin fibers along the entire length of the nail, and can be detected up to 3-6 months after drug or alcohol abuse. Environmental exposure to illicit substances can be detected immediately in nail samples. When drugs or alcohol are ingested, biomarkers can be found in nails as early as 1-2 weeks after.
    I read this as detection even small amounts as likely.

Can Tramadol Make Me Test Positive for Benzos? [ 2 Answers ]

I've been taking (I was prescribed) Tramadol for pain killers (I was assaulted by my now ex boyfriend). When the ER doc was writing the script I told him I am allergic to opiates so he said he would prescribe an alternate. So he prescribed Tramadol. I also told him I cannot take any controlled...

Will tramadol show a false positive for methamphetamine? [ 0 Answers ]

Had a hair follicle done... it reads 5X the amount for methamphetamine... but I don't even know anyone who does meth (so no possibility for some crazy cross contamination... ) but I have taken hydrocodone and tramadol and a variety of OTC cold medications. Is this possible?

Can anything show a false positive for Tramadol in hair tests [ 20 Answers ]

I was tested for narcotics and perscription pain killers. I have had Hydrocodon and Tramodol perscribed in the last year. The test was supposed to go back 6 months. In that time I had taken the Hydrocodon 5 and 6 months ago and the tramadol more recently. Probably 4 months ago to just a month...

Will Bangkok pills show positive in a drug test? [ 4 Answers ]

Will bangkok pills show positive in a drug test? I have a friend who uses it. How long does she have to clear her system before the drug test, so it won't test positive for any of the bangkok pill components?