Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kathird's Avatar
    kathird Posts: 15, Reputation: 1
    New Member
     
    #1

    Sep 30, 2012, 04:58 PM
    Cocaine - 150 days before hair test
    I did one small line of coke about 150 days ago. 6'2" 240 lbs, I trimmed all my body hair about 2 months ago and have almost an inch of underarm hair and 3/4 inch chest hair, no hair on head at all. Used cocaine once before that in 2010. I have thick hair dark brown what would you say my chances are 1-100 of passing?
    kathird's Avatar
    kathird Posts: 15, Reputation: 1
    New Member
     
    #2

    Sep 30, 2012, 04:59 PM
    My test is tomorrow
    kathird's Avatar
    kathird Posts: 15, Reputation: 1
    New Member
     
    #3

    Sep 30, 2012, 07:28 PM
    I'm hoping for Dr Bill to answer this and biggest reason for concern is that I only have armpit and chest hair for them to take. I have a half inch goatie but I don't think that's enough. I can see some hair on my arm that's still the same length as it was 2 months ago when I trimmed it, scary that some of that might get sampled.
    DrBill100's Avatar
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member
     
    #4

    Sep 30, 2012, 07:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kathird View Post
    I did one small line of coke about 150 days ago. 6'2" 240 lbs, I trimmed all my body hair about 2 months ago and have almost an inch of underarm hair and 3/4 inch chest hair, no hair on head at all. Used cocaine once before that in 2010. I have thick hair dark brown what would you say my chances are 1-100 of passing?
    Your best chance of passing is the fact that infrequent use of drugs of all types are usually not detected in HDT. Cocaine however has the highest detection rate. (see 1)

    Otherwise, drug use is detected for a longer period in body hair than head hair. At 150 days with normal hair care head hair would have been clear. However, with body hair, axillary, leg, arm, pubic, the detection time is at least doubled. (see 2) In the absence of head hair the collector has no choice but to turn to one of these alternative collection sites.

    1) previously addressed here: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/addict...ne-705681.html

    2) Richards-Merhag Chart for the cycles of hair growth and their respective duration, density and depth.
    kathird's Avatar
    kathird Posts: 15, Reputation: 1
    New Member
     
    #5

    Sep 30, 2012, 07:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DrBill100 View Post
    Your best chance of passing is the fact that infrequent use of drugs of all types are usually not detected in HDT. Cocaine however has the highest detection rate. (see 1)

    Otherwise, drug use is detected for a longer period of time in body hair than head hair. At 150 days with normal hair care head hair would have been clear. However, with body hair, axillary, leg, arm, pubic, the detection time is at least doubled. (see 2) In the absence of head hair the collector has no choice but to turn to one of these alternative collection sites.

    1) previously addressed here: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/addict...ne-705681.html

    2) Richards-Merhag Chart for the cycles of hair growth and their respective duration, density and depth.
    Thanks for the response, what's confusing to me is the doubling of detection time. Does that mean even if you trim all of your auxiliary hair 2 months after you take the cocaine that it could still come out and show in a hair sample?
    kathird's Avatar
    kathird Posts: 15, Reputation: 1
    New Member
     
    #6

    Sep 30, 2012, 08:02 PM
    Also what if I just shave everything and only have the half inch of facial hair? What do they normally do in a situation like that, and is it in my benefit to do that?
    DrBill100's Avatar
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member
     
    #7

    Sep 30, 2012, 09:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kathird View Post
    Thanks for the response, what's confusing to me is the doubling of detection time. Does that mean even if you trim all of your auxiliary hair 2 months after you take the cocaine that it could still come out and show in a hair sample?
    Yes. Drugs, to some extent, are incorporated into hair during the growth (anagen) cycle via attachment to a compound known as eumelanin (that determines color of hair). That process must occur in the hair root (papilla).

    Hair, by bodily region, grows at different rates. Axillary, for instance, at far lesser rate than scalp. Therefore, the appearance of the drug is slower and remains within the hair structure longer. The slower the hair grows the longer the drug is detectable.
    J_9's Avatar
    J_9 Posts: 40,250, Reputation: 5641
    Expert
     
    #8

    Sep 30, 2012, 09:13 PM
    On another note, shaving ALL body hair can be considered trying to evade the test and increasing suspicion. If that happens all they have to do is take finger or toenail scrapings.
    kathird's Avatar
    kathird Posts: 15, Reputation: 1
    New Member
     
    #9

    Sep 30, 2012, 09:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    On another note, shaving ALL body hair can be considered trying to evade the test and increasing suspicion. If that happens all they have to do is take finger or toenail scrapings.
    This sucks, Im wondering what's the shortest I can trim armpit and chest hair and still be OK, right now I'm at 1 inch armpit and 3/4 inch chest. Will nail clippings show one time use 5 months ago?
    kathird's Avatar
    kathird Posts: 15, Reputation: 1
    New Member
     
    #10

    Sep 30, 2012, 09:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DrBill100 View Post
    Yes. Drugs, to some extent, are incorporated into hair during the growth (anagen) cycle via attachment to a compound known as eumelanin (that determines color of hair). That process must occur in the hair root (papilla).

    Hair, by bodily region, grows at different rates. Axillary, for instance, at far lesser rate than scalp. Therefore, the appearance of the drug is slower and remains within the hair structure longer. The slower the hair grows the longer the drug is detectable.
    So does this mean that even though say the drug is out of the bloodstream in 10 days that it will sit in the hair root just waiting for the next growth phase?
    DrBill100's Avatar
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member
     
    #11

    Sep 30, 2012, 09:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kathird View Post
    So does this mean that even though say the drug is out of the bloodstream in 10 days that it will sit in the hair root just waiting for the next growth phase?
    That is pretty much on point. If the drug is incorporated into hair it is from circulation (direct and/or indirect). If the drug attaches to a component of hair it would indeed then follow the growth rate of same. That is the basic assumption of hair testing.
    kathird's Avatar
    kathird Posts: 15, Reputation: 1
    New Member
     
    #12

    Sep 30, 2012, 09:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DrBill100 View Post
    That is pretty much on point. If the drug is incorporated into hair it is from circulation (direct and/or indirect). If the drug attaches to a component of hair it would indeed then follow the growth rate of same. That is the basic assumption of hair testing.
    I wish I would not have taken that one line but, what is the shortest length they will accept for chest hair?
    DrBill100's Avatar
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member
     
    #13

    Sep 30, 2012, 10:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kathird View Post
    I wish I would not have taken that one line but, what is the shortest length they will accept for chest hair?
    It seems that you are misunderstanding hair drug testing (HDT). The process does not relate to length of hair but to amount of hair. Your hair is not tested only the extracted contents thereof.
    kathird's Avatar
    kathird Posts: 15, Reputation: 1
    New Member
     
    #14

    Sep 30, 2012, 10:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DrBill100 View Post
    It seems that you are misunderstanding hair drug testing (HDT). The process does not relate to length of hair but to amount of hair. Your hair is not tested only the extracted contents thereof.
    My question is if I show up with say 1/2" of armpit hair and 1/2" of chin hair but nothing else is that better than showing up with 3/4" inch of armpit hair and will they accept that as a long enough sample?
    DrBill100's Avatar
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member
     
    #15

    Sep 30, 2012, 10:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kathird View Post
    My question is if I show up with say 1/2" of armpit hair and 1/2" of chin hair but nothing else is that better than showing up with 3/4" inch of armpit hair and will they accept that as a long enough sample?
    Unaswerable.There are no rules or regulations that apply to hair drug testing. It is an unregulated industry unless specifically curtailed by state or federal law.

    State law: (suggest checking each)
    State laws: STATE DRUG TESTING LAWS: CA, TX, NY, FL, IL, PA, ALL 50 STATES

    SHRM record: http://www.shrm.org/legalissues/stat...ing%20laws.pdf
    kathird's Avatar
    kathird Posts: 15, Reputation: 1
    New Member
     
    #16

    Sep 30, 2012, 10:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DrBill100 View Post
    Unaswerable.There are no rules or regulations that apply to hair drug testing. It is an unregulated industry unless specifically curtailed by state or federal law.

    State law: (suggest checking each)
    State laws: STATE DRUG TESTING LAWS: CA, TX, NY, FL, IL, PA, ALL 50 STATES

    SHRM record: http://www.shrm.org/legalissues/stat...ing%20laws.pdf
    Thank you for your responses and I will report my results when I receive them, to be on the safer side I am g
    kathird's Avatar
    kathird Posts: 15, Reputation: 1
    New Member
     
    #17

    Sep 30, 2012, 10:54 PM
    Thank you for your responses and I will report my results when I receive them, to be on the safer side I am going to leave only armpit hair and chest hair at 3/4" and see what happens.
    kathird's Avatar
    kathird Posts: 15, Reputation: 1
    New Member
     
    #18

    Oct 1, 2012, 04:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DrBill100 View Post
    That is pretty much on point. If the drug is incorporated into hair it is from circulation (direct and/or indirect). If the drug attaches to a component of hair it would indeed then follow the growth rate of same. That is the basic assumption of hair testing.
    Just took the test, they took about half a pencil width of armpit hair, from both sides a little less than 3/4". Total days since the one line is exactly 177, I've got my fingers crossed.
    kathird's Avatar
    kathird Posts: 15, Reputation: 1
    New Member
     
    #19

    Oct 3, 2012, 09:21 PM
    Still no word, how long does it take them to respond?
    kathird's Avatar
    kathird Posts: 15, Reputation: 1
    New Member
     
    #20

    Oct 10, 2012, 12:31 PM
    Still no word, it's been 9 days and the background check is complete but no word from HR yet. I called psychemedics and they would only tell me they sent the results to the employer 24 hours later, I think that means I passed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

 

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.


Check out some similar questions!

Can I pass a hair folicle test if I did 1 line of cocaine 3 weeks ago? [ 12 Answers ]

I just got a call for work, and they are requiring a hair follicle test. I do not ussually do drugs but did a single line of cocaine 2 weeks ago, and my test is in 1 week. I never smoke pot or any other drugs, and this was the only time I've done drugs in at least a year or more, am I going to...

To DrBill100 re hair test & cocaine [ 3 Answers ]

I used a small amount of cocaine last week at a party with some old friends. By 'small' I mean two tiny key bumps that combined would have been a small bump. Prior to that, the last time I used any was one time more than a year ago. I have a couple of interviews coming up in the next couple of...

Hair test after cocaine [ 5 Answers ]

Okay so I did coke about 35 days ago and now I found out I have a hair test Monday. Ive cut all my hair three times since then including body hair. Right now my hair is about 1/2 an inch long on my hea but I keep my entire body trimmed. What are my chances of passing.

How did I false a swab for cocaine 5 days later passed a hair follicle any ides [ 2 Answers ]

Hello all.. I'm writing in regards too I'm a very confused.. mother who has been torn down from the all hell the system puts you through I'm been dealing with dcs for approx 2 yrs 12 days got my youngest baby back and my two oldest were put up termination.. my concern is 3 days before my case...


View more questions Search