Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    alal1024's Avatar
    alal1024 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Sep 22, 2006, 10:47 AM
    Year-end Adjusting enteries
    It is estimated that 5% of the accounts receivable balances, which is 49,000 will become uncollectible. What type of adjusting entry should I make?
    CaptainForest's Avatar
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

    Sep 22, 2006, 11:56 AM
    What is 5% of 49,000?


    Dr. Bad Debt Expense 2,450
    Cr. AFDA 2,450

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adjusting enteries [ 7 Answers ]

Trial balance Dec 31 Account debit credit Cash 12,000 Accounts receivable ...

Adjusting entries [ 2 Answers ]

The prepaid insurance account had a balance of $5600 at the beginning of the year. The account was debited for $1800 for premiums on policies purchased during the year. Journalize the adjusting entry required at the end of the year for each situation. (a) the amount of unexpired insurance...

Adjusting Entries [ 2 Answers ]

Hoping someone can check my answer for a homework question. They did not give much info, so I want to verfiy I am correct (for example: not sure if the month a pre-paid rent hits, if it deducts that month). Thanks in advance! GUNFLINTADVENTURES ...

Full-year for Federal, Part-year for State ? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am an alien and comply with the qualification for full-year tax resident for Federal, but not with my state's where I should be considered as a part-year tax resident. Is it a problem if my status are different for federal and state, or does my federal status "overwrite" my state status...

Adjusting thermostat [ 3 Answers ]

undefinedundefinedundefinedHow do I adjust the thermostat? To control the difference of when it kicks on and off. It's a Honeywell round thermostat.

View more questions Search