Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    payasa14 Posts: 74, Reputation: 1

May 7, 2009, 10:38 PM
    Self presentation
    Do you think self presentation has a lot to do with being professional?
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

May 7, 2009, 10:55 PM

The way you present yourself is very important in the business world.
    People judge you by the first impression you make.

Confidence and being accessible to people are the charismatic qualities that make people want to know you and remember you in the future.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

May 7, 2009, 11:11 PM

Absolutely, beyond any doubt (period).

I have been in sales/management and marketing for over 40 years. I have taught sales (still do) and trained many, many new sales people for a major corporation (now I train them for my own companies also), give sales seminars, talks to chamber groups on a regular basis... about sales and presentation.

Body posture, eye contact, how you dress, how you make 'small talk' (and what that small talk is about), tone of voice, how your feet are on the floor, how aware you are (if you see pictures of horses on the wall of a prospect or a business person are you going to talk about cows because that's what you know?), your confidence level, you hand shake (not too hard, not too light), how you sit in the chair, how professional you answer questions... AND finally... how REAL (honest and sincere) you are.

There are so many other things that count a lot also and many are intangibles... and subjective. But ALL are relevant and not things that can easily seen by others... but their awareness factor picks up on it...

Stringer
    Business Expert

May 7, 2009, 11:16 PM
    Arty, you have a gift in saying it all, in so few words... want a job? Hee he
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

May 7, 2009, 11:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    Arty, you have a gift in saying it all, in so few words...want a job? Hee he
    A woman of few words ? Ha,that's a good one. I accept your gracious compliment sir and boy did I need it today!:D
    Business Expert

May 8, 2009, 07:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by artlady View Post
    A woman of few words ? Ha,that's a good one. I accept your gracious compliment sir and boy did I need it today!:D
    Well now... welcome, but it is what it is my dear...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need presentation [ 5 Answers ]

Hello there :) I need presentation about something strange for speaking class I want to talk about any topic for 5 to 10 min. Please help me I don't know in which category I put this question :o

View more questions Search