Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Iceberg_01 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2006, 10:12 PM
    Cost of Capital
    Question...

McCoy Inc has equity with a market value of $40 million and debt with a market value of $20 million. The cost of debt is 6% semi-annually. Treasury bills that mature in one year yield 5% per annum, and the expected return on the market portfolio over the next year is 15%. The beta of McCoy's equity is 0.8. The firm pays no taxes.

A) What is McCoy's debt-equity ratio?

B) What is the firms weighted average cost of capital?

C) What is the cost of capital for an otherwise identical all-equity?
    Norman Londot Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2006, 08:48 PM
    McCoy, Inc. has equity with a market value of $40 million and
    debt with a market value of $20 million.
    The cost of the debt is 6 percent semi-annually.
    Treasury bills that mature in one year yield 5 percent per annum,
    and the expected return on the market portfolio over the
    next year is 15 percent.
    The beta of McCoy’s equity is 0.8 .The firm pays no taxes.

a. What is McCoy's debt-equity ratio?

b. What is the firm’s weighted average cost of capital?

c. What is the cost of capital for an otherwise identical all-equity firm?

1. A 10-year Corporate bond is issued with a face value of $100,000, paying interest of $2,500 semi-annually.
    If market yields decrease shortly after the T-bond is issued, what happens to the bond’s:

a. price?

b. coupon rate?

c. yield to maturity?

Company ABC's earnings and dividends will grow at 5.0% monthly during the next five years.
    Its growth will stop after year 5. In year 6 and afterward, it will pay out all earnings as dividends.
    Assume next year’s EPS is $10 and the dividend is $5 and the market capitalization rate is 9 %.

What is ABC’s stock price?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Debt Equity & Cost of Capital [ 1 Answers ]

McCoy, Inc. has equity with a market value of $40 million and debt with a market value of $20 million. The cost of the debt is 6 percent semi-annually. Treasury bills that mature in one year yield 5 percent per annum, and the expected return on the market portfolio over the ...

Weighted average cost of capital [ 1 Answers ]

Johnson Inc is an all-equity firm that pays no taxes. The market value of the firm's equity is $2 Million. The cost of this unlevered equity is 18% per annum. Johnson plans to issue $400,000 in debt and use the proceeds to repurchase stock. The cost of debt is 10% per annum. a. After Johnson...

Capital Gains [ 3 Answers ]

I'm in the process of selling my house and land which currently is in three different tax bills. I went through a divorce last year and one of my questions can I use the appraisal price that was used for me to own the house and land? Two pieces were combined as it was questionable if the sewer was...

Opportunity cost vs relevant cost [ 2 Answers ]

I am confused between the two costs, opportunity cost and relevant cost. What's the relation between them and difference from each ? Can someone help to explain it? Thx.

View more questions Search