Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Accountant2008 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2008, 12:29 PM
    Calculating return on preferred stock
    I am trying to figure out how to calculate the return on preferred stock by knowing the dividends per share and the price of the share.
    MaggieMouse Posts: 226, Reputation: 8

Mar 12, 2008, 04:48 PM
    Most preferred stock has a par value. If par is what you are referring here as price, then the return on preferred stock is dividend divided by price of the share.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Calculating Preferred Stock Dividends [ 3 Answers ]

I have accounting problem that I am stuck on. Would appreciate anybody's help! The problem reads: Sunland Company had net income of $250,000 during the year. There were 200,000 common shares outstanding during the year. There were 1,000 shares of $100 par value, 8% preferred stock outstanding...

Return on investment, common and preferred stock [ 1 Answers ]

What is the return on investment in the problem below for common and preferred stock? How did you get that solution? Robert's Rollerblade Company had stock outstanding as follows during each of its first five years of operations 2,000 shares of 10%,...

Rate of return on preferred stock [ 1 Answers ]

Company Z has a preferred stock outstanding that pays a $9 annual dividend. It has a price of $76. What is the required rate of return (yield) on the preferred stock? Thanks Lynn

View more questions Search