Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    marslau03's Avatar
    marslau03 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    Live to the fullest.

    Jul 7, 2015, 04:56 AM
    Correcting errors
    I had a questions, and here it goes. I hope you'll answer this as fast as you can because I really need the answer.

    This is all about correcting the errors and then proceed to trial balance.

    Supplies- 3,751

    Given clue error:
    A return of $67 of defective supplies was erroneously posted as a $76 credit to supplies.

    What will I do? Please. Help me, I need the answers now. Thanks in advance. :) Hoping for your consideration.
    pready's Avatar
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

    Jul 9, 2015, 10:26 AM
    First you should cancel out the $76 Credit by Debiting Supplies for $76

    Next you should Credit Supplies for $67

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What are the general errors and complicated errors in PC, and their solutions [ 0 Answers ]

Computer general and complicated errors

Correcting entries? [ 1 Answers ]

I don't know how to correct this entry... The entry to record a customer's $18,000 payment was recorded as a debi to Cash for $18,000 and a credit to A/R for $1800. Please help. The book is no help!

Correcting Entries [ 2 Answers ]

You are a newly-hired accountant of the Aguamenti Company, having been hired on August 31, 2009. However, shortly after you have acquired knowledge of the business' systems and accounts, you have discovered the following omissions and errors perpetrated in the past years (the Company uses a fiscal...

Correcting entry [ 1 Answers ]

What is the inccorect entry correct entry and correcting entry The purchase on account of a computer that cost $3,000 was recorded as a debit to supplies and a credit to accounts payable for $3,000

View more questions Search