Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    traceyrob Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2008, 08:56 AM
    I-751 Interview
    I received a letter from my district office that I am scheduled for an interview re my pending I-751. They never mentioned anything about bringing my husband along, all the asked me to bring was my passport. My case has been pending over 1 1/2 years. They have requested additional documents which I have provided to them last year. I was a bit concerned that they never mentioned anything about bringing my husband so I called the 800 number, I spoke to one of the reps and she had her supervisor answer my question about bringing my husband along, she told me no need to bring my husband. What do you think? Should I have him accompany me to the interview?
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Apr 9, 2008, 10:57 AM
    If you obtain your green card through marriage, and you are not divorce, you and your husband should go to the interview together.

Since your case has been pending for over 1 1/2 years, it is likely that you will be interviewed by USCIS's fraud unit. You need to provide update documents that prove your relationship, anything in both names such as tax return, health insurance, etc. Prepare yourself and your husband for all kinds of questions you might be asked. Check some sample questions here .

Bring same set of house keys, and in some cases, USCIS officer asked to see your driver's licenses, just to see if you live together. Stay clam, don't panic, don't guess and don't lie.

Good luck.

Apr 10, 2008, 09:15 AM
    When I received the letter from USCIS asking me to provide my proof of evidence, the also stated that the processing time of the application to remove the conditions will be based on when I send in the additional evidence. I received this letter in May 2007. The I-751 was filed in September 2006. I received a letter from the district office in October 07 telling me that they have my application and as soon as a date is available they will write me to come in for an interview. I made an appointment at my district office to check on the status, my appointment was on March 21, I asked the officer why is it taking so long to process my case and she told me that, they have no available slots for I-751 interview. She went to inform me that their office which is the district office in Baltimore MD, primary focus is getting people their permaent resident card and natralization, and that is the reason why they don't have an appointment date for me. She took my passport and stamped it giving me a 1 year extension. Now 2 1/2 weeks later they wrote me telling me that I have a interview scheduled for May 2.

Do you think that what lawanwadee stated is correct about a getting interviewed by the USCIS's fraud unit? This is really freaking me out.
    mud57 Posts: 3, Reputation: -1

Apr 13, 2008, 04:09 PM
    Hey, you're married so what is the big deal about bringing your husband. I can tell you that unless you applied under the waiver category your husband will be required to attend. You can anticipate a separate interview if there is any suspicion of fraud in your case. You will definitely be interviewed by an officer who is searching for fraud, otherwise you would have been approved already by the service center. That is why you have to go to the district, because you were determined to be a fraud risk, even after submitting the request for information. Moreover, if you have engaged in fraud it would be wise to simply withdraw your petition rather than face prosecution for fraud and then leave the United States. This country already has enough liars and cheats and we do not need to import more.

Apr 14, 2008, 07:26 AM
    It was never a big deal. I want to be prepared. Both me and my husband have no problem with appearing for the interview together. I guess you totally misunderstood me.

Now that I know that we have to appear together. That is what we'll do.

Thanks for all your help.

Jun 10, 2008, 07:29 AM
    I went to my interview on 5/2, the interview process went well. I received the notice in the mail that my case is approved and that my PRC will be mailed within 30days. I am so happy this is finally over. Good luck to anyone out there who is still waiting for their i751 interview. Just have faith in God and everything will work itself out.

Jun 10, 2008, 07:38 AM
    This is for mud57. You are such a mean and horrible person. If you do not know he details to a person's case then don't judge. Thank God that you are not a liar and cheater. You were mean and harsh. People don't want advise from someone as cruel as you are. Just to let you know, my case is approved and my card was mailed to me. If I was lying about my marriage, they would have found out right then and there. There was nothing to lie about, my marriage is a bona fide one. I was just one of the unfortunate ones who had to attend an interview.

If you do not have anything good or positive to tell people, you should not be here.
    kenzzer62 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2009, 07:16 PM

Hi tracey, how long was the interview and what types of questions did they ask u ?
    vana12 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2009, 04:58 PM

How long do you have to wait for that interview,(and do you have to go for an interview again, since you have to do one before you get temp green card) we sent the I-751 on 1/22/08 and when we check on the USCIS website it says they are processing now April 2008. I'm not sure what to do, I hope it will not take long since I'm due to have baby in August of this year. I hope someone has an answer.
    richa13 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2009, 12:04 PM
    Hi tracy,

I have to go for interview with my husabnd I want to know that you already attend the interview for I-751 removing conditions pl. let me know that what kind of questions they ask during interview?
    Do they take interview separate for both husaband and wife?

Thank for your answer

I am really worried
    leoleo28 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2010, 02:09 AM
    Hi. You'r help please.

Ok. Do I have to file for I-751 if I get divorced after my two conditional years?
    Here is what happen.
    We stared our relationship on 06/1997 have 2 kids born on 11/2002 and 06/2004 boy and girl
    I enter to U.S. on 9/2004
    We merry on 09/2004
    I got my G.C. on 03/2005 whit exp date on 03/2007
    We file for I-751 on 01/2007 to remove a condition
    They send me a appointment for biometrics on 02/2007 which I never get it just got lost on the mail for some unknown reazon.
    Then I get a denied notice letter on 06/2007 so I prove to uscis that I never get the appointment that's why a misted.
    Then I pay $385 dlls and they reopen my case on 03/2009
    Then I went to biometrics on 04/2009
    Now I have I-751 interview on 01/22/2010
    But She file for divorce on 04/2007 and I just get the decree of divorce today what I can do? Help please...
    We can prove that The marriage was 100% legit.
    claribina7 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2011, 11:20 PM
    Yes I think that yes you need to bring your husband; he is the one doing the petition for you... He is the main one that supposs to be in the interview... You guys both are going to answer question that they ask...
    antoinette1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2011, 02:43 PM
    Hi Tracyrob: ignore the mean people. What you are doing is very helpful. Please tell us why did they had to interview you in the first place. I was told only when there is not sufficient paperwork then an interview is schedule for i751. What type of questions did they ask?
    jonnytt1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2012, 02:54 AM
    Mud 57 you are a homo.

You might like this though.
    I faked my marriage all the way. I manufactured all my fake utility bills, ( acrobat reader is a great tool to use) Faked my pics, faked everything I submitted and then lied my off to the interviewer. I had only met my wife 3 times in the 2 and a half years of this process. My wedding, the first interview and the final I 751. Now I have my Permanent GC approved on the spot. Homo.
    jonnytt1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2012, 03:02 AM
    USCIS don't even run checks. I was able to fake all my bills, insurance policies, pics, even faked some airline boarding passes to show we took an around the world trip.
    The process is so easy it's embarrassing for them to know how simple it is to fake absolutely everything. It was so funny how the uscis officer mentioned how legitimate my marriage was at the interview when he told us of all the fraudulent ones he had to deal with that day. Little did he know mine was probably the most fake he would ever encounter in his whole career. Not that he would ever know. He approved me for a permanent green card on the spot. I think I'll never stop laughing about it.
    antoinette1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2012, 08:15 AM
    jonnytt1 you are an idiot to come on here and say these things. Don't you know that immigration officers read these things. You are such an idiot!! It is people like you you that make it bad for the honest ones

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Ph.D interview [ 1 Answers ]

I've got Ph.D interviews tomorrow, I'm getting nervous. :eek: Has anyone got any last minute tips?

Interview one [ 2 Answers ]

Please describe a time when you had to overcome differences and resistances to bring groups of people together to achieve a common purpose. What did you do? *

Interview [ 6 Answers ]

How is the group interview at Bank Of America for a teller position? What kind of questions will they ask in front of everyone ? Will there be more than one person interviewing me help me I have to go for an interview on Monday the 22nd Can anyone who has actually been to one of these...

Interview ? [ 2 Answers ]

What are salary requirements

View more questions Search