Ask
    jesjohn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2007, 02:27 PM
    Removing vinyl tile glue
    How do you remove vinyl tile glue from concrete floor
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 28, 2007, 02:36 PM
    We recently had our basement done from flood damage. I asked for no carpet just paint. They didn't remove the glue and I didn't mind because there wasn't much on the cement at all. I believe the alternative is sanding it off, a long arduous undertaking.
    tkreps Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Mar 25, 2008, 07:48 AM
    Use Goo Gone to remove glue from vinyl floor tiles on concrete floor. Spread thin coating over glue. Wait two or three minutes, and scrape it off the floor. I used a metal putty knife. Easy to remove. Smells like oranges. It leaves an oily residue, so wash floor with soap and water or a product that cuts grease.
    amricca Posts: 851, Reputation: 92

Mar 25, 2008, 09:28 AM
    They make a floor scraper with a razor blade on the end you could try, depending on how stuck it is it may take it up or you may need to use the product mentioned above with it. Don't think sanding it will work, or would be a long process.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Removing black adhesive from floor before installing new vinyl tile [ 6 Answers ]

I have a bathroom (at the church I belong to) that has a hard type of vinyl tile in it. A toilet has overflowed 2 times in the past and flooded the floor. As a result, a lot of the tile has come loose. I have the replacement VINYL tile, but need to know how to continue. Under the tile is black...

Removing Crazy Glue [ 3 Answers ]

I fixed a decorative door hanging with crazy glue, and some of the glue stuck to my front door, and now there is a strip of black magnet glued to my white metal door. Does anyone know of something that will remove crazy glue from a metal door, without stripping the paint?

Removing Old Vinyl Tile from Cement Floor [ 4 Answers ]

What is the best way to remove old vinyl tile from a cement floor? The tile has been on the floor for approx. 25 years and is securely stuck to the cement. Thank you, Mary Hamilton

Concrete wall, tile glue removal? [ 0 Answers ]

Hello, I live in a concrete block home built in 1952. The walls are all concrete block with a rough finish on them. I believe it is also concrete, or mortar spread on the walls as a finish. I've chipped some if it away when removing my iron tub last year and it looks like it's spread concrete to...

Glue on subfloor from stick on tile [ 3 Answers ]

I am peeling up the old peel~n~stick tile from our bathroom floor. There is bare wood sub-floor underneath. The glue left is super sticky. I was planning on priming the floor and then laying new peel~n~stick tile. (Its a temporary fix until we have the $ to completely gut the bathroom and...

View more questions Search