Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    liltwix92 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2008, 11:31 AM
    Abandonment charges
    How long does a parent have to be gone before you can file abandonment charges?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 26, 2008, 12:49 PM
    What do you wish to gain? Are they listed on the birth certificate, is there a custody order in place. IS there a child support order in place, what actions have you taken to enforce the child support.

Are you trying to take his rights away, is so, why, if he is not using them anyway?
    kbing1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2011, 07:03 PM
    I don't know that there is a specific time frame but I would say that any reasonable person or judge would say that a month isn't long enough, I think that it would be up to the judge to decide what was a reasonable time frame.
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Mar 21, 2011, 07:38 PM

As far as I know, simply leaving isn't legally 'abandonment'. Abandonment is when a caregiver leaves a child in a dangerous or neglectful situation ALONE. Simply walking out, is not abandonment, unless the parent walked out while the child was home alone.

But if I am wrong, I'm sorry. That's how I understand it.
    my gang Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2011, 10:38 AM
    Thank u

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Charges of elements [ 2 Answers ]

How do you find out the charge on an element? And also which elements come in pairs?

Theft charges [ 2 Answers ]

I am wondering if there are theft charges for under 1000.00 or even 500.00? If someone was charged for theft and the items value was 280.00 why would they be charged with theft under 5000.00?

Pressing Charges [ 2 Answers ]

Can you press charges against someone who keeps calling and never leaves a message from a blocked number?

View more questions Search