Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NickDWolfwood2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2008, 07:33 PM
    Abandoned houses/mobile homes
    I am looking to buy and fix up some abandoned houses and mobile homes around our town and need to know how to find the deeds to them without having to pay someone to find them. I live in Tucson, AZ. I already have the addresses I just need to know how to find who owns the deeds so I can buy the properties. Any help is appreciated.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 13, 2008, 07:39 PM
    Well they may even be on line, a call to the recorder of deeds in your county will let you know if they can be viewed on line
    *** online is often out of date at times

1. you go down to the county court house, there will be a office that will contain all of the deeds. Here it is called the recorder of deeds. You go in with your list of addresses and they will either tell you, or allow you to look up the deeds, this tells you who owns them and if there is a lien on them or not.

2. you go over to the property tax office in your county and they can tell you who is being billed the taxes, where the tax bill is being mailed.
    ** sometimes the person paying the tax is not the owner, so that is why you check both.
    They can also tell you if there is past due taxes on the property.

Pima County Recorder's Office - Home

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to buy abandoned homes [ 12 Answers ]

I know there is a way to buy abandoned homes without negotiating with the owner. As you can imagine, some refrain from sharing their secrets. Anyone have any clues?

Abandoned Homes [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I are looking for abandoned homes. Does anybody know where I can get a listing of abandoned homes in the bay area?

Abandoned homes [ 4 Answers ]

I live in the Seattle are and see many old, abandoned homes. Does anyone know how I can find out about those homes and how to possibly purchase them?

Abandoned Homes [ 3 Answers ]

I have been watching a home in Gardena, California. It has been abandoned for about 10 years. I called the tax assessor's office and they gave me the name of the owner. So I have that which is a good start. I called the city of Gardena to see if they owned the property and they said no. They...

Interested in buying abandoned houses. [ 2 Answers ]

I am interested in buying abandoned property to fix up, and would like to know if there is any city funding or grants available to help me with these purchases. How do I go about getting information on those?

View more questions Search