Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cassandra10 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2007, 06:15 PM
    My central heat and air won't blow out heat
    Recently, my central air ran out of freon so this summer I couldn't cool my house.Now my
    Unit will not blow out any heat. I tried to turn the heater on but it smelled like it was trying
    To catch on fire. All I want to know is do I need to apply freon to get my unit to produce
    Heat?
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Oct 13, 2007, 09:57 PM
    No,, unless you have a heat pump,, it needs freon to make heat,, but most heat pumps have a furnace to back up or work when the heatpump can`t do the job,, does your thermostat have an emergancy heat mode?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Central air and heat not working? [ 2 Answers ]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hi, I know absolutely nothing about my appliances and all that "stuff" that's in the little room... I just bought a house, I've been here for about 1 1/2 months. I have central air/heat, gas appliances, gas water...

Standard Central Heat and Air [ 1 Answers ]

My airconditioning unit inside the house is making horrible screeching noises when the a/c is on. It comes and goes at random times. It will disappear for weeks only to return and last anywhere from a few screams to a whole night then disappear without a trace. There is a big logo on it that says...

Central Air/heat not working? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I know absolutely nothing about my appliances and all that "stuff" that's in the little room... I just bought a house, I've been here for about 1 1/2 months. I have central air/heat, gas appliances, gas water heater, etc... but I don't know which machine does what. The AC and heat were...

Central Heater comes on but fan not coming on to blow heat [ 2 Answers ]

This morning our heater came on at appointed time but the fan never came on even when we switched it from auto to on setting. We have a 8 yr old split system, (2 stories) & its worked fine until today. Is there anyone that can give us a few likely scenarios to try & fix ourselves before we have to...

Central heat and air [ 1 Answers ]

I'm planning on installing central heat and air in my home. My question is.. Where does the return need to be? And what size should the ducts be from the plenum to the rest of the house?

View more questions Search