Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ilovemylifemyworld Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2007, 11:29 PM
    Vaginal Discharge.
    I USED to have creamy white discharge, now its thick cottage cheese looking yellow discharge, and I've had this for a long time, nothing works, no atibotics, creams, my doc doesn't know what else to do, what could it be?
    savedsinner7 Posts: 412, Reputation: 52

Oct 8, 2007, 01:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilovemylifemyworld
    I USED to have creamy white discharge, now its thick cottage cheese lookin yellow discharge, and i've had this for a long time, nothing works, no atibotics, creams, my doc doesn't know what else to do, what could it be?
    Try just rinsing with water, no chemicals or anything else, for a while and see if it clears up.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 8, 2007, 01:23 PM
    Is there an odor?

It sounds like it could be an antibiotic resistant strain of yeast, or possibly bacterial vaginosis (if there is an odor). Time to get a second opinion.
    LankyMae Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2007, 08:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    Is there an odor?

It sounds like it could be an antibiotic resistant strain of yeast, or possibly bacterial vaginosis (if there is an odor). Time to get a second opinion.
    Exactly, what I was thinking... Time to get a second opinion.
    4realyisthishappening Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2007, 06:43 PM
    I am going through the same problem mine didn't start until I had a laproscopy trying to see what was wrong with my ovaries. Anyway try to ask your doctor to prescribe metrogel it works pretty good
    carlito5 Posts: 22, Reputation: 2

Oct 10, 2007, 05:19 AM
    Change in the color, odor or consistency of vaginal discharge may indicate an infection. Yeast infections, where the volume of regular vaginal yeast increases, cause a thick, white discharge that resembles cottage cheese. Other vaginal infections (sometimes grouped as vaginitis) like trichomoniasis and bacterial vaginosis can cause other changes to vaginal discharge, such as changes in amount, color and odor. Sexually transmitted diseases may also be associated with unusual vaginal discharge, but frequently have no symptoms.

In addition, altered vaginal discharge may be the result of personal behaviors or habits that can affect the vaginal environment. These include douching and wearing tight clothing that restricts air flow to the vagina.

Symptoms that may accompany vaginal discharge include painful urination, itching, pelvic pain or rash. Sudden change in vaginal discharge should be reported to a physician, preferably a gynecologist (GYN). If there is infection, it can be treated and the vaginal discharge should return to normal levels

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Vaginal discharge [ 1 Answers ]

I am 26 and I have a 4 yrs old and my husband and I have a long distant relationship for 3 years now and I came off the birth control 2 years ago from being on them for 8 years and we've been trying to conceive from ever since but no such luck. I started taking the Fertilitea which has in Vitex...

Brown Vaginal Discharge [ 1 Answers ]

For the past two days, I have been having a brown discharge. I am one week away from my period and I am on the pill for the last 7 years. What could be causing this unusual discharge?

Vaginal Discharge [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I had unprotected sex about a month ago and I have been very worried about STD's. The guy said that he was clean and that he previous partner and only partner for the last 6 months was tested but I don't know what to believe. I also went to the Student Health Services at my University for a...

Vaginal Discharge [ 10 Answers ]

I have a yellow vaginal discharge, is this serious?

Vaginal discharge [ 2 Answers ]

My friend is 21 and having clear sometimes green vaginal discharge but been with the same guy and he has only been with her for the last 3 years and she had four paps and she does not have any stds what can it be? :confused: she said this also make her vagina really icthy but does not really have a...

View more questions Search