Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Skyla002 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2007, 03:17 PM
    Is my boss flirting with me?
    I am really confused with whether my boss is flirting with me or just being friendly:
    He winks at me
    He walks past me, looks me in the eye and then smiles
    I passed him a recept the other day and he practically took my hand with it (Slid his hand down my hand)as he looked me in the eye and said "Thanks Skyla"
    Walked past me the other day and quickly dragged hus hand across my shoulder
    Another co-worker who my boss has been friends with for a long time said my boss told her he cares a lot about me
    Asked me to come up to his office and had a huge chat with me about random things like if I use protection, what would I do if I got pregnant, What I do in my spare time, Would I like more responsibilities with my job? Is everythign all right?
    Said when they sell the business one day that they are taking me with them
    Always commenting me, saying I'm a bloody good worker.
    Whne I went on holiday, he told me to be naughty but be careful.

Sooo is he flirting?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 17, 2007, 03:21 PM
    Yes, he is flirting and, at least here in the US, he is committing sexual harassment. Your boss has no right to ask you if you are using protection, pregnancy, etc. IT IS NONE OF HIS BUSINESS!!
    Bluenote Posts: 17, Reputation: 4

Aug 17, 2007, 04:22 PM
    Yes he's flirting big time. If your cool with this then by all means be careful, in office relationships are usually not the best idea and can lead to "scandals" or best case you break up and it's a really uncomfortable working environment.

If your not OK with this, let him know! Politely tell him that either your not comfortable or give a little white lie and tell him that your boyfriend wouldn't approve. If the harassment continues though you need to talk to his superiors about it. You can remain anonymous in doing so too. If he is the head guy and your really uncomfortable with his advancements I would suggest another job.
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Aug 17, 2007, 05:13 PM
    Is this guy married by any chance?
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2007, 05:20 PM
    I got two words for you, "SEXUAL HARRASSMENT"!!

p.s.
    And to those of you whom know me
    Yes I know I shouted then.
    Dennis777 Posts: 478, Reputation: 124

Aug 17, 2007, 05:54 PM
    Hello.

It does sound like he has crossed the line in many ways. As a boss he can care for his employees and want them to be safe but when you add that to holding hands and the deep looks I would say he is flirting with you. He might not act on it, he could be just feeding his own ego but in any case it is wrong of him to do.

If you still feel comfortable working for him then the next time he tries to hold your hand pull it away so he knows your not offering him your hand. That's a quick way to put him in his place without confronting him. If he keeps it up then its time to put him in his place.

Dennis777

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Flirting or what else? [ 2 Answers ]

I didn't really know which topic to put this question in, but I guess this will do. I work at a restaurant and there is a guy there who I flirt with and he flirts back. I always grab him and tickle him and he always tries to spill my drinks, etc. However, we are NOT trying to date or anything...

Is it flirting? [ 3 Answers ]

What message do guys (you barely know) want to convey when they touch a girl (arm) deliberately, yet seeming unintentional?

Boss firing employees after boss resigns [ 1 Answers ]

Is it legal in California for a CEO to fire employees AFTER the CEO has resigned? My understanding is that the CEO can no longer hire, fire or negotiate contracts after they have tendered their resignation.

IS this Flirting ? [ 11 Answers ]

A guy walks over to a group of guys and one girl and says to HER " These guys will get you in trouble " then she flips her hair back and giggles??

Flirting [ 5 Answers ]

ok, i know how to flirt a little :o but I want to get this guy, who is my best mate....but i dunno how to flirt properly without looking stupid, can anyone help me?

View more questions Search