Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pompano Posts: 293, Reputation: 40

Jun 19, 2007, 01:22 PM
    Feeding bread to cows
    I just wanted to say,bread will kill a cow. Someone fed my two beef cattle a large amount of bread,which they could not digest.Will bread kill any other animal?
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jun 19, 2007, 01:44 PM
    The University of Cornell did a study showing that bread can be fed to cattle, stating that bread is more digestible than corn, because bread is already processed.
    See the study results: Studies show bread in diet is good for cattle

"The Backwoods Home Magazine" states, in an article, that feeding bread is safe, if done in small amounts in the beginning, to avoid bloating and diarrhea.
    Here is their article: Ask Jackie Online by Jackie Clay Published 060805

Bread can also be fed, in conjunction with other items, as a drought feeding strategy. See the article from a Cooperative Extension Service in S.C. -
    drought feeding strategies for livestock - management marketing memo 370
    pompano Posts: 293, Reputation: 40

Jun 19, 2007, 02:50 PM
    My cows died ,bloated.I was as shocked as everyone I told this to.I bottle raised both of these cows ,so I was devastated.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Bread [ 4 Answers ]

Why does my sourdough bread always fall when I bake it. Drops by about a third; any Ideas as to how to prevent this? Many thanks, Reed

Cats, Cows, College. [ 5 Answers ]

The Dying Irish Nun The wise old Mother Superior from county Tipperary was dying. The nuns gathered around her bed trying to make her comfortable. They gave her some warm milk to drink, but she refused it. Then one nun took the glass back to the kitchen. Remembering a bottle of Irish...

Rainbow bread? [ 7 Answers ]

Does anyone else remember Rainbow Bread? I remember it looked like all of the colors swirled out from the middle. It was made by a big corporate bakery (like Wonderbread or something). I would have been the early to mid 90's. I remember the commercials and I think I ate it a couple of times, but...

Bread help! [ 1 Answers ]

How do I make good light yeast rolls? Love to have any bread making reciepes. How do I now if yeast is alive and active. My bread always turns out like rocks.

Banana bread [ 2 Answers ]

Can someone please give me a recipe for banana bread without american weights and without nuts I have had one and lost it thanks -chryssie

View more questions Search