Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    billsgirls Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2007, 03:27 AM
    Pain under armpit, on side of breast
    Hi all, Wednesday night, I started having this pain, it is like someone is touching an open nerve ending, it lasts about 1-2 seconds, and then comes about every 5 seconds. Now it will disappear if I take some advil, but will come back . I had this once a while ago in my arm. Just wondering if anyone has had anything similar? :rolleyes:
    brandy681 Posts: 295, Reputation: 26

Jun 16, 2007, 04:07 AM
    This can be several things but from what you are describing with the arm pit this avould very well be a type of breast cancer. I do not want to scare you though, do you have any lump at all near the arm pit? You need to do a buddy chack because it can be hard to detect.. You said that you have had this before so I am guessing that it is not pregnancy symptoms but that could be a possibility or this could also be a side effect from birth control pills if you are taking them. If non of the above are correct than you could also very well have hormone problems. Your hormones could be out of wack which can cause the pain that you describe. The doctor can give you medications to help and would be in your best interest to see a doctor. There should also be free clinics in your area if you do not have any insurance! This pain can also be normal if you have large breasts, my friend's doctor told her to lose weight or she would have to have breast reduction and she couldn't lose the weight and the pain was bad so she had a breast reduction so that the pain would go away!

Since the pain you describes is under your arm pit I would think that you have a lump, which can or cannot be cancerous because a lot of breast cancer appears under the arm pit. This may be nothing but I would have it checked out. Other than that I would think that large breasts can be the cause. There are other possibilites as well not to rule out. Usually with hormone problems there will be pain near the nipple area or with pregnancy the pain is near the nipple also so I am guessing a type of growth, benign or not? Or possibly clot in beneith the skin or that you have large breasts. I am not doctor but I am just trying to help, it would definitely be in your best interest to have this checked out!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Breast pain... please help [ 1 Answers ]

Hiii... I got Breast pain since 5 days before my periods and 7 days after conception 2 days before my periods date, I am getting a brownish discharge... what could be the reason? Could I be pregnant? But in doctor's office 3 days ago it showed a negative result... doctor said it is too early...

Breast Pain [ 1 Answers ]

I have been on Depo-Ralovera for 7 years, 2 months ago the doctor took me off the injections because my bone density test came back abnormal, which was a little concerning but now that I have come off the injections my breasts are really sore and feel almost swollen, they feel as though they are...

Breast on Fire and Pain in Chest [ 1 Answers ]

I am 36 years old and I have a couple questions is it normal for one breast to feel like it is on fire?Sometimes hurts so bad I cry.And also lately been having Pain on left side of chest kind feels like I swallowed a marble that gets stuck in my chest.Can anyone help me to understand what's...

View more questions Search