Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MDR11726 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2018, 09:09 AM
    Why the delay after flushing toilet for refill
    I flush toilet and there is a long delay for tank to fill back up...
    Is it a plumbing problem or toilet tank problem?
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Aug 25, 2018, 03:22 PM
    Hi Mdr11726

The problem could be at the shutoff valve, the inlet to the toilet tank fill valve or at the fill valve washer itself.

I would start here by shutting off the water supply to the toilet and then disconnect the water supply tube from the fill valve. If the supply tube is flexible, direct it into a bucket, turn the water on full blast and check for good pressure and flow. If you have a reduced flow then the problem is in the shutoff itself and the shut off valve will need to be disassembled and repaired (or replaced). If you find good water pressure/flow then the problem is up in the fill valve of the toilet. Your best bet here is to simply replace the entire fill valve... only costs about $10.00 at home depot and simply unscrews by one nut. Youtube has tons of videos on replacing the fill valve (fluidmaster fill valve replacement).

Back to you...

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet won't refill - no water through refill tube [ 3 Answers ]

My toilet won’t refill. On flushing, no water flows through the refill tube into the overflow pipe (though a little bit drips onto the float cup). The external water valve is open, and there’s no sign of leaks around the valve or the water line. If I refill the tank with a bucket, the tank...

Toilet Refill [ 6 Answers ]

The Tank fills very slowly. The small tube that goes to the center standing pipe is flowing at a very rapid flow. It is supposed to fill the bowl I think? If I take that tube and remove it and let it fill the tank if fills very quickly. It seems, to me, to be "Bass Ackwards" and wasting lots of...

Refill of toilet [ 1 Answers ]

My toilet takes a really long time (5 minutes) to refill. I've tried lowering the tank valve(?) with no change and moving the refill tube to fill just the tank but not much water fills the bowl, what am I missing?

Toilet Flushing: tank drains, toilet doesn't flush, brand new toilet. [ 4 Answers ]

I read the other postings, and most of the problems came in with old toilets. Mine is brand new (within a year old) and I just moved in to my new place. The condo has 2 identical toilets and the other flushes just fine. I have mimicked the settings of the working toilet and still can't get my...

Toilet will not refill [ 9 Answers ]

When you flush the toilet, the tank will not refill. Do we need to replace the part that is in there?

View more questions Search