Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hugoagogo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2018, 06:56 PM
    Mobile home under sink smell
    Bad bad water /dead animal smell as we open under sink cabinet doors, not coming from inside garbage disposal or inside pipes , it's like coming just from interior under sink can not figure it out even had some plumbers tell me everything (garbage disposal, trap and vent looks normal) been there too long to be dead animal, What!
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 22, 2018, 08:00 PM
    Could be a dead animal under the cabinet flooring. Mobile homes are subject to the problem because they are fairly open underneath. I found a possum family under one.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Aug 22, 2018, 08:53 PM
    Hi Hugoagogo

I'm wondering if there is an Air admittance valve (AAV) under the sink (see image)

If you find anything even remotely similar to the picture under the sink then the AAV has failed and needs to be replaced.

Check it out... post back with thoughts.

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Terrible smell in one area of the kitchen mobile home [ 0 Answers ]

A terrible smell like sauerkraut has appeared in one area of the kitchen in my parents' mobile home. They thought a mouse died, so mom cleaned out all the cabinets, and behind the stove & refrigerator yesterday. No luck. Today, I went underneath their house to look for a dead animal, but found...

Have new Legacy manuf. Home and have strong chemical smell from cabinet under sink [ 0 Answers ]

I recently bought new Legacy manufactured home. I have a very strong chemical type smell coming from cabinet under kitchen sink. Have tried several things that "guarantee odor removal", currently have 3 boxes of baking soda in there. Nothing is helping. Any ideas?

Clogged kitchen sink in mobile home [ 1 Answers ]

I need help with a clogged kitchen sink. We have "snaked" it and used chemicals but Cannot get it out! What else can we do? :confused:

Kitchen sink backs up in mobile home [ 1 Answers ]

The kitchen sink in our mobile home backs up after about 3-4 minutes of running the water. I have tried putting a snake down the drain as well as a liquid clog buster. After about 6-7 feet the snake hits a junction and can't make the turn and the liquid did break up the clog. What can I do next?...

Smell in the bathroom sink of home [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I came across this site and hoped I might find an answer. I recently moved into a home (1985) in late October. The people that lived here didn't maintain a lot of basic things in the house. I have noticed odors in the sinks and cleaned out one. It improved the draining of the sink, but I...

View more questions Search