Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 2, 2017, 05:12 AM
    Pelosi statement about Antifa
    “Our democracy has no room for inciting violence or endangering the public, no matter the ideology of those who commit such acts. The violent actions of people calling themselves antifa in Berkeley this weekend deserve unequivocal condemnation, and the perpetrators should be arrested and prosecuted."

The 1st amendment reads :
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Antifa really means Anti First Amendment .
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 2, 2017, 07:10 AM
    Everybody condemns the violence and criminal acts of Antifa, so what's your point?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 2, 2017, 11:51 AM
    Thanks to our First, we don't arrest and prosecute domestic groups, no matter how awful they are to whatever ideals we hold dear. We arrest PEOPLE who commit CRIMES, and the crimes do not include being part of a particular domestic group. Plan to join ISIS? That gets you arrested.

Politico wrote yesterday that leaks revealed that the FBI and HS had labeled Antifa as domestic terror. I didn't realize til I did more reading about HS how huge they are, 3rd behind DoD and the VA. They don't answer to the DoJ the way the FBI does. They do a lot more secret stuff than I ever imagined. Thanks to ongoing changes to the Patriot Act, we wax and wane on how we label, view, and act on what we perceive to be terror, foreign and domestic.

Mandela was on our list for 27 years (incl many years after he got a Nobel Prize) and it was pretty much thanks to our CIA that he was imprisoned.

CREEPY LEAK!!!
    Ultra Member

Sep 2, 2017, 01:17 PM

1. Everybody condemns the violence and criminal acts of Antifa, so what's your point?
    See a couple posts down where Antifa was praised on this very site .
    Expert

Sep 2, 2017, 08:21 PM
    Some may see Antifa as an answer to the right wing and far right wing loony noise machine, so not surprising they have sympathy, if not full throated support for them. Nor is it surprising the far right and some conservatives are outraged and livid such people could dare exist. What would you expect from the long oppressed and long suffering targets of right wing policies? Think about it. Think about Trump, and his ranting racism and red meat throwing rallies that have clearly captured the republican party and stifled even moderate conservatives with his attack dog mentality. You can't be surprised that an equal, but opposite force would emerge can you? It was inevitable.

I stick to what I have always said in that loony are crazy and dangerous, AND loud! To some Antifa is a new thing but as more is revealed about them so will their limited appeal be minimized. Don't expect them to just disappear though, after all the Klan never did, but they will be like the Klansters, regulated to a small loony fringe, at least publicly, maybe with a name change, or two along the way.

I find it fascinating though the far right is so enraged because somebody is calling them on the crap they have been spewing for years. Thank your Dufus for making the loonies, right left, who cares, think they are mainstream. And empowering them. This just ain't normal!
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2017, 02:57 AM
    deleted because information was inaccurate .
    Expert

Sep 3, 2017, 07:01 AM
    I'm not going to counter that with the sites of racists goons. Seems the internet has opened up many possibilities for any group to get their message out and raise money for whatever they want.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 3, 2017, 03:04 PM
    Hello tom:

The enemy of my enemy is my friend... What I know is that ANTIFA attacked white supremacists and Nazis. That's good enough for me..

excon
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2017, 06:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello tom:

The enemy of my enemy is my friend... What I know is that ANTIFA attacked white supremacists and Nazis. That's good enough for me..

excon
    When you say that ex what do you mean? Their acts should be applauded or they are just another urban terrorist group?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 4, 2017, 08:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    When you say that ex what do you mean?
    Hello clete:

I dunno WHO ANTIFA attacks in their spare time. What I do KNOW is that they attack Nazis and white supremacists, and I'm GOOD with that..

Look.. The Soviets were SLIME. I'm NOT a communist.. But when they were attacking the Nazis, they were my brothers..

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Antifa ,anti-Trump rally in Chitown. [ 5 Answers ]

The 'anti-fascist' Antifa protesters applaud a speech made entirely of Hitler quotes : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=derHRFGZ4NU

Pelosi's true agenda [ 31 Answers ]

Speaker Nancy Pelosi met with liberal bloggers Monday and candidly admitted that the issue in the health care debate was much broader than issues of access to health insurance. She said that the true agenda is to redefine the role of government . Nancy Pelosi?s Theory Of Change | The New...

Why does Pelosi want to release the photos? [ 23 Answers ]

I have a theory: Pelosi doesn't really care one way or the other whether the photos are released, BUT the controversy is holding up passage of funding for the troops. The longer funding can be held up the better the anti-war groups like it. Permanently, if possible. By using a ploy, Pelosi...

Pelosi-gate [ 45 Answers ]

Scooter Libby got hounded by Prosecutor Inspector Javert Patrick Fitgerald for months and was eventually charged and went to jail because he forgot details of conversations with news jockies related to the "outing " of a James Bond wannabe Valerie Plame . After he served some time and his...

Can you say President Pelosi [ 17 Answers ]

Hello: Who's going to be the first female president of these United States? Hillary? Nahhh. Nancy! I predict that Bush and Cheney will be impeached, simultaneously; Bush for the surge that he ain't giving up, and even Republicans don't want, and Cheney because he leaked Valerie Plames...

View more questions Search