Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    FrozenFatty Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2014, 01:20 AM
    Ducane natural gas furnace, flame puffing out when fan kicks on
    Ducane Furnace
    Fuel: Natural Gas
    The unit clicks on and the electric pilot heats up, gas starts flowing and firing into tubes inside it. This happens for a little less than a minute and then the fan kicks on. Almost immediately, the flames all puff out and I hear a minor thud as well as can see the cover push outward. Sometimes the fan turns off also, other times it runs for a short while before turning off.

It is freezing where I am, please help :(

Jan 8, 2014, 11:45 AM
    Also, this furnace is less than a year old if it helps.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jan 8, 2014, 12:06 PM
    Less than a year old should be under warranty. Call the installer.

Jan 8, 2014, 03:33 PM
    I am in the process of trying to get a hold of the seller of the home as I recently purchased it. I'm hoping the seller will have this information. I was able to get it working for a short time by flipping the power switch until it didn't go out when the blower started, but it has since stopped working again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gas furnace, fan works, but no flame [ 2 Answers ]

I have a gas furnace. House is 55 degrees. Thermostat is set at 80 degrees, switch on furnace is in on position and fan/blower works, Gas is present in hot water heater 24": away on same line and stove works in kitchen. Breakers are OK. Furnace does not light. No gas smell. Help!! ...

Comfortmaker gas furnace: LOTS of fan, no flame. [ 5 Answers ]

I have a Comfortmaker gas furnace from 2001. Model N9MP1050B12A1. Type FSP. Yesterday morning I noticed the fan didn't stop shortly after the usual heat cycle. I went out to the garage to investigate, & found what I'll call the PVC water outlet line frozen thanks to our new Arctic reality in N.C....

Ducane Gas Furnace intermittent fire goes out, fan still on [ 8 Answers ]

Manufacturer: Ducane model # FPBB100A5, manufacter # 9874569843 Age: year is 1995 printed on it 80% efficiency: There is metal flue pipe and a fan I think is draft inducer blower so System: Gas Fired Forced Air Furnace Fuel: Natural Gas Sometimes before it reaches the desired temp the furnace...

Fan on natural gas furnace [ 1 Answers ]

The fan on my natural gas furnace does not work when thermostat is on the "on" position. Fan works when on "auto" and the furnace kicks on. What is the problem?

View more questions Search