Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gamama Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2014, 09:39 PM
    Disrespectful Daughter
    I have tried to be a good Mom to my daughter, I have always tried to give her the best of all she needs and many of her wants.

My problem is how disrespectful she has been to me. It has recently escalated to the point of abuse. I lost my job 3 years ago and had to move into her apartment with her. At one point she did not have enough money to pay bills, and I would borrow from family and friends to help pay the bills, once finding a job, I would give her 200 per month on rent, and buy all food and household supplies for the house. I have since stop working the retail job because of health and have been receiving unemployment which helps with the bills. I buy her nice gift when I have it, I take her to movies and dinner when I have the extra money, and when I receive money I always give her extra on her bills. I even give her 500 or more when I receive money from school.. The problem is her total disrespect of me. She curses me all the time and tell me how she wish I wasn't near her and how she's miserable with me in her house. I sleep on a cot in her side room, I never go in her room at her request. I cook all the meals, and keep the dishes and house clean. My problem is I have no where to go. She is my only family. Right now, her car is broken and my car is the only transportation, she uses my car to get to work and I actually put the gas in the car, pay the insurance and my bankruptcy and keep food in the house. She takes my car in the mornings and do not attempt to come home until late at night and gets angry when I asked if she could bring me something home on her way home with my money. She's lied to people of how I have treated her, she has lied to people that I have abused her,she actually lied to the police I was distributing drug when she was a teenager. She has called me all kinds of ugly names and I keep trying to make a way to her heart, I have asked is there something that happened in her life she thought I should have protected her? I have actually tried to pay her just to be nice to me for a while. Yes, I know it sounds sad but she is all I have left as family.

I know the best thing would be to move out, but I have no where to go, nor the money to move. I don't know what to do. Any advice?
    meldavis Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2014, 05:22 PM
    Sorry for what you're going through. I have the upmost respect for my mother so I'm just going to go off what I think could help you in your situation. I guess it honestly depends on age but since she is old enough to have her apartment it's going to be harder than if she were younger. I would say give her space.. I know it may be hard because your mom but when she realizes how much she needs you she will come to terms on what she needs to do to be close with you. If it continues, I would call the police. An eye for an eye right? But hopefully this works. When she comes around just tell her how you feel and if she is not ready to change then you don't either. Keep your distance. Every girl needs her mommy. Id say space and time are the answer
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 4, 2014, 05:36 PM
    All that money you spend in her house can be spent on just you. I would rather live in my car than hear my kids talk crap. Leave soon and find somewhere else to go. Where there is a will, there is a way.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 4, 2014, 07:48 PM
    I will look at it differently, it is her house, perhaps she wants her freedom and is tired of you living there. I think it is time for you to find another place to live, another family member or something

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adult daughter disrespectful [ 7 Answers ]

I raised my two daughters with a lot of yelling, which I feel guilty about and have apologized for. I have bailed out the youngest daughter out of so many financial situations thousands of dollars. She has three children. Two of them are young. She says I don't listen, am rude to her friends...

Disrespectful step daughter [ 6 Answers ]

I recently got married and within 3 months of the marriage my stepdaughter and her 3 year old child was evicted from her apartment. My husband and I agreed for her to come live with us until January. Well since then she has come in and doesn't clean up after herself or her child. My guest bathroom...

Daughter is Defiant and Disrespectful [ 5 Answers ]

Anyone gone through a difficult time with their daughter who once was close to her mother? There have been strained family relations and financial problems for some of the time. Now that home is more secure, daughter is throwing things from the closet at family and shares with friends and they...

Daughter disrespectful but dose not think so [ 2 Answers ]

We have helped our daughter and her partner get on the property ladder by lending them the deposite their house was quite run down but as my husband are into diy we have been working to bring it up to standed we have also taken out a loan to help with the mayor work elec/heating and so on there is...

Disrespectful Daughter [ 1 Answers ]

Please, anyone out there who can help, I have a 19 year old daughter who is in her first year of college. She has done well, etc. but we have had a turbulant relationship since she was 13. I thought it would be better when she went to college but she just is getting worse about trying to run my...

View more questions Search