Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Naomirose Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2013, 08:28 AM
    Is my nose piercing a keloid?
    I've had my nose piercing for 3 weeks now. There's a small, raised bump around the nose piercing site, slightly darker than the rest of my skin. Is it a keloid? Or something milder?

Here's a link to a pic of my piercing:

http://tinypic.com/r/2w7jo5e/5
    keeks143 Posts: 149, Reputation: 3

Jul 9, 2013, 09:31 AM
    Ahh. I think I know what this is. It's very common, so no need to panic. I think it is some moderate hypertrophic scarring, which is common after a piercing - especially on 'cartilage' because the skin is firmer and damage is more prominent to the skin. Don't worry, just keep cleaning it the way your piercer told you. You can also use 1/8-1/4 of sea salt in a cup of water and use that to clean your piercing once a week. If it gets any bigger or seems to change colour or texture, go back to your piercer.
    Good luck xx
    Ps. Whatever you do don't cut it off, take out the piercing or pop it :0

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Keloid on nose piercing [ 1 Answers ]

I got my nose pierced a little over a month ago, and for the past couple weeks there has been a lump on it. It started as what I thought was a pimple, because it had white pus inside that I could pop out. But now it is just a red lump almost like a blood blister. I can squeeze blood out of it but...

Keloid from nose piercing? [ 0 Answers ]

The red part of the keloid around my nose piercing has gotten smaller from sea salt soaks but around the red bump the skin is still raised and has gotten tougher. Is this a sign of the keloid healing or getting worse?

Is this thing on my nose piercing a keloid? [ 9 Answers ]

OK, so I've had my piercing for a few months now, I recently changed it with a piece of jewlry from claire's (which probably wasn't the BEST place to go, but I could get it cheap, and it was cute.) and all of the sudden I started to get this bump thing on the side of it... its really gross! I love...

Is this nose piercing bump a keloid? [ 20 Answers ]

Can someone tell me if this bump around my nose pierce looks 'normal'? The piercing is almost a month old and this bump has only gotten a little smaller in the last week. I had another one earlier in the piercing that was smaller and shrank a bit, but didn't go away completely. My piercer said...

Is this a keloid on my nose piercing? [ 3 Answers ]

So I got my nose pierced about 4 odd weeks ago and this happened. I think it might be because I tried to put a ring in it too early and it got snagged a couple of times which hurt quite a lot. Could this be a keloid? Or is it just scarred tissue? If it is just scarred tissue then how could I go...

View more questions Search