Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Seleah Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 15, 2013, 01:28 PM
    My friend wants my husband and me to adopt her baby
    My friend is having a baby and wants us to adopt or get legle rights to her baby she is due sometime in januwery. I'm just trying to get answers on what I need to do to get this thing up and going/started.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 15, 2013, 01:32 PM
    Where are you? This is an International site.

You need, for starters, to have the written consent of BOTH parents.

This is nothing to be handled without an Attorney.

Are you talking about adoption, guardianship or something else?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 15, 2013, 01:45 PM
    what I need to do to get this thing up and going/started.
    Simple answer, get an attorney. The attorney will know what needs to be done, what papers to file who needs to be contacted etc.

This is not something you can do yourself and be sure its done right.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 15, 2013, 03:45 PM
    How long have you been married ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My friend is 1 month pregnant, I'm 21 and want to adopt baby, what do we do? [ 2 Answers ]

My friend is 1 month pregnant, and the father wants nothing to do with the baby. She already has 1 kid and can't raise another one on her own. I am considering adopting her baby, and am only 21. She has talked to an adoption agency and knows about what steps to take. But what do I do. And what if...

Don't know who the father is and my husband wants to adopt my baby [ 2 Answers ]

I had a one night stand at the beach, we were partying pretty hard. I have no clue who the guy was not even his first name. I am not proud of my behavior, but I did get a wonderful baby. My husband wants to adopt the baby. There is no way I can even begin to know who the real father is. Is there...

My husband had baby with my friend [ 6 Answers ]

Four and a half years ago my husband had an one night stand with a very close friend of mine stacy, only I didn't know until she showed up at our door with a baby 4 months old. Claiming that nolan was the father. ( nolan is my husband) I knew she was pregnant since I was pregnant as well and we...

How do I adopt a baby from a friend? [ 5 Answers ]

My friend's daughter is 18 yrs. And has two kids. She is pregnant with her third child. My husband and I are unable to have our own children and the girl wants to give the baby up. She wants to let us take and raise the baby as our own. I don't know where to search and find the steps of adopting at...

Husband cheated and has a baby with my friend [ 7 Answers ]

My husband cheated on me and lied. She had a baby in September of 2007. I found out the baby was his in November of 2007. She had been my friend and is my neighbor who lives behind me. I had to sell my house, get rid of all my animals, move to a rental home. I cannot take it anymore. They changed...

View more questions Search