Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    billy6139 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2013, 04:32 PM
    Coleman 7900 series standing pilot furnace. Connect to wi fi thermostat
    Have a coleman 7900 gas fired heat/cool unit in mobile home. Just installed Honeywell wifi thermostat. I only have 4 wires to t stat. they told me to move the G wire to common on both ends and it will work. Heat works OK but when in cooling mode , compressor comes on but fan does not. The wi fi requires a common wire at the t-stat. If I run a wire (temporarily) from the common side of the 24vac xfmr to the C terminal on the t-stat(and leave the G wire in the G terminal on the stat) everything works fine. Any suggestions without having to do major work and pull in new wires. Honeywell can't helpl
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Feb 8, 2013, 07:50 PM
    Sorry, but you are going to have to pull another wire, or at this point pull a five wire stat cable. With your stat, and having heat and a/c, you need a five wire cable. There are some products out there that say they can make a four wire into a five wire, but I have not seen, nor dealt with them. If you are interested, look into "venstar Add a Wire". May be just what you are looking for. The wiring is pretty straight forward as long as you can interpret the wiring diagram and instructions.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Coleman 7900 series pilot won't stay lit took burner assembly out and cleaned it sti [ 2 Answers ]

Have a coleman presidential 3 furnace it's propane pilot won't stay lit took burner assembly out cleaned it doesn't seem to be clogged

7900 series coleman gas furnace [ 1 Answers ]

When I try to light my pilot light on my 7900series gas furnace I can't get any gas to come through the tube

Coleman 7900 Series Gas Furnace [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Coleman Presidential 3 7900 series Gas Furnace that has 3 openings on the front panels for return air. However, when I bought this mobile home, there were no filters on any of the 3 return air vents on the front panels. My question is: Do I need 3 filters for this unit, and if so...

Coleman 7900 series furnace [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I'm trying to help my uncle get his coleman presidential 3 7900 series standing pilot furnace working.. he told me that about 2 years ago they had a power serge and it hasn't worked sense then. What could be the problem?

Coleman 7900 series furnace [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I'm trying to help my uncle get his coleman 7900 series furnace working.. he told me that about 2 years ago they had a power serge and it hasn't worked sense then. What could be the problem? :confused:

View more questions Search